The Safeagent Scheme (Safeagent) is a government backed, accreditation scheme for lettings and property managing agents. This helps to offer peace of mind to both tenants and landlords, by assuring them they are dealing with a regulated firm who is held accountable to the following criteria and requirements;
- A customer complaints procedure
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Client Protection Cover
- Registered to Tenancy Deposit Scheme(s)
- Standard of Service to be met – e.g. gas/electrical safety checks (where required)
- Aware and able to inform tenant and landlords of rights and responsibilities
- Advise clients in regards to protection and insurance – both buildings and contents
- Ability to create and produce correct and valid legal documentation
At Belvoir Leicester we are proud to be an accredited firm with Safe Agent Scheme, so our landlords and tenants can feel safe in trusting us and our services. You can be sure you are choosing an agent who not only values your property, your money, but also the standard of service you receive whilst dealing with us.
In all industries there is a possibility that a company may cease trading. If that was to happen to your agent… what happens to your money? If your tenants rent or deposits haven’t been registered or passed on correctly, you could not only be out of pocket, but also liable to pay back any missing money yourself! We understand that application fees, deposits and rent are all relatively large sums of money and we strive to ensure that they are protected, as are you.
In order to display a ‘safe agent’ logo we have had to take out Client Money Protection Insurance (CMP) – this then pays out should any monies have been mishandled by your agent, as well as accounts that are regularly externally audited.