The award winning letting agency Belvoir Lettings has moved its Cambridge office to 1 Dover Street, Cambridge. Terry Lucking MD of the business says “this move to a central location with parking will allow current and future tenants to have far easier access to our office”
The new office location is opposite Anglia Ruskins Cambridge Campus on East Road.
Terry firmly believes that this move will help its landlords and investor clients. Terry reports “this relocation provides us with the space we need to accommodate the growth we are experiencing in lettings in Cambridge. This city offers investors above average annual income from their investments in addition to strong capital growth”. Terry commented on how property values in Cambridge have changed since the 2008 crash “unlike most towns and cities in the UK there are now many properties in Cambridge which are now selling at prices well above the high point in 2007.
Cambridge is an excellent place for investors to consider buying having 6 core markets fueling demand for residential lettings (4 more than most towns);
- Addenbrookes Hospital almost a small town in its self with significant plans for growth now and in the future
- Cambridge Science Park established in 1970 and is Europe’s longest-serving and largest centre for commercial research and development.
- Cambridge University : Anglia Ruskin University and many other higher education organisations
- Microsoft Research Headquarters located only 1 minute from Cambridge station
- London Commuters – a growing number of Londoners are moving to Cambridge, living centrally and commuting to London.
- General Employed (and unemployed) – the foundations of demand for housing
Terry offers investors one to one personal buy to let Cambridge property investment advice covering what to buy, where to buy and planning for your exit from the investment. Terry urges investors to “ take care to ensure you get advice from a professional Cambridge letting agent in the selection, marketing and management of your investments. Check to see if the agent is a member of the Safe Agent scheme or a member of ARLA (Association of Residential Lettings Agents). It is a requirement for a member of Safe Agent and ARLA to have Client Money Protection and have their accounts audited annually. If you are considering using an agent that isn’t a member of Safe Agent or ARLA ask yourself a question – would you have an operation carried out by an unqualified surgeon”