If a first-time buyer is interested in your home, this is great news! While there can be downsides to selling to a first-time buyer, there are just as many benefits that can outweigh the cons.
Here are three top benefits of selling to a first-time buyer and Belvoir Basingstoke’s tips on how to attract them when selling your home.
What are the Benefits of Selling to a First-Time Buyer?
Marketing your property to the first-time buyer market has huge benefits as a seller, including:
- There’s no chain: Every seller wants to reach the end of a chain, especially if you’re buying a new home yourself. First-time buyers are normally living at home or renting, so they have no chain behind them.
- They’re keen and proactive: Since buying your first home is an exciting prospect, most first-time buyers are keen to progress quickly.
- You can get a quicker sale:Because of the lack of chain and the proactiveness we see in most first-time buyers, you can sell your home quicker.
- You’ll be in a better buying position: If you’re buying while selling, having a first-time buyer interested in your home can give you an edge when making an offer on the property you want.
How to Attract a First-Time Buyer
Choosing the right estate agent makes all the difference when it comes to selling your home. This is especially the case if you want to attract a first-time buyer.
Here are three top things to look for in an estate agent if you want to attract a first-time buyer.
1. Patience and Approachability
First-time buyers may have a lot of questions, which means your estate agent needs to be patient, reassuring and non-aggressive in their selling techniques. Look for these qualities in your estate agent if you want to attract a first-time buyer.
2. Modern Marketing Techniques
How your home is marketed is the fundamental reason why, how and when it sells. If you want to attract first-time buyers, consider the marketing tactics of your estate agent.
The average age of a first-time buyer in the UK is 34 so social media, property portals and other online channels will be some of the most effective marketing strategies. Ask your estate agent how your property will be marketed to establish whether they are the right choice for you.
3. Listing Quality
Most first-time buyers view and search properties online, so the listing must be top-notch. A good listing includes things like:
- Professional and high-resolution images
- Detailed engaging descriptions – sell the dream
- No jargon
- Local area information
- A variety of contact methods, including telephone, email and online enquiry forms
Check the listings an estate agency already has on their website to see if the quality is as high as promised.
Are You Thinking of Selling Your Home in Basingstoke?
If you’re selling your Basingstoke home, we’d love to talk! Our friendly team at Belvoir Basingstoke are experts at selling homes in the Basingstoke area.
Get in touch today for an informal chat about our services and how we can help by calling 01256 830800, emailing us or visiting our website at: https://www.belvoir.co.uk/offices/basingstoke.