Required Certificates

Before letting your property, you are required to have the following certificates in place. If you do not have your own contractors to carry out this work, we have a range of contractors able to do so. It is a legal requirement to have the below in place before a tenant can move into the property.

Book Valuation

EPC (Energy Performance Certificate)

You are required to have a valid EPC before we are able to advertise the property. The EPC is valid for 10 years and must be a minimum of a grade ‘E’. You are not required to have a new EPC for each tenant change over.

EICR (Electrical Installation Condition Report)

An EICR document is a relatively new regulation that has been brought in as a requirement for rental properties. These certificates are valid for five years and a qualified electrician would carry out the report. The electrician checks the all of the electrics within the property.

Gas Safety

A qualified gas engineer would carry out the test Gas Safety check is carried out annually and a copy of the certificate is sent onto the Tenant. The purpose of this test is to ensure all gas appliances are in good working condition that are safe to use.

Colorful horizontal bar chart with the letter A to G next to a hollow green house on white background. Illustration of the concept of energy performance certificate (EPC) of properties