We are committed to protecting and respecting your personal information and privacy.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Belvoir Colchester, 1 Montrose House, Eld Lane, Colchester, Essex, CO1 1LS.
Covid -19 temporary measures
During the Covid-19 crisis we may be collecting increased data at an earlier point to reduce the amount of physical viewings and/or valuations. This data is being kept securely in line with this policy and will only be held for as long as it is required for the purpose intended. We may temporarily be holding health details which you have informed us of and we confirm that these are held securely and only shared with those employees, contractors or connected third parties as necessary for the required purpose. These are destroyed in line with this policy as soon as their required purpose ends.
We confirm that employees working from home during this crisis have been trained in following the procedures outlined in this policy to protect your personal data.
Who are we?
We are J Langabeer Ltd T/as Belvoir Colchester, a company registered in England with company number 06619882. We are a franchisee of Belvoir Property Management UK Ltd of which the ultimate parent company is Belvoir Group plc.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you use our website, when you provide it to us or to our franchisor or, occasionally, from third parties.
What type of information do we collect?
The personal information we collect includes your name, email address, telephone number and property address when you register for a viewing, register for property alerts, request a valuation or lettings consultation, book a mortgage appointment or submit an enquiry.
We may also obtain:
- details included on any enquiry form you submit in relation to property insurance, life, critical illness or income protection, solicitors or mortgages;
- data sent from your browser to our server which may include:
- the time, date and duration of your visit to our website;
- the site from which you have come (the referral URL);
- the pages visited on our website.
We may also collect information from you in connection with a service or product provided to you by us, third parties with whom we have entered into agreements to provide such services or products or which we are required to collect by law, for instance for money laundering checks, including personal information such as:
- your marital status, date of birth, nationality and tax status when you enter into a residential sales or lettings agreement with us;
- financial or other identifiers including your bank account details, tax URN number and income/expenditure details where we manage a financial transaction for you, take payments or make payments to you;
- details of your existing or proposed mortgage arrangements, and confirmation of how long you have owned the property;
- proof that you have sufficient funds to pay any deposit and/or the purchase price required for a property transaction;
- evidence of the source of funds you will be using to buy a property, including, for example, a copy of your bank statement or an agreement in principle from your mortgage provider;
- evidence that you have the right to let a property where you are a landlord;
- details of any mortgage, insurance or other contract relating to a property you wish to let;
- details relating to your property including photographs, floor plans, energy performance certificate ratings/home reports, property description, survey results and inventories when you engage us to market a property for you either for sale or rental;
- your move in and move out dates, utilities information, deposit paid and debts owed in relation to a property and reference information.
How is your information used?
We, may use your information:
- to carry out your, our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you, or us or which it is contemplated will be entered into;
- to seek your comments on the services we have provided;
- to notify you of changes to our services;
- to send you communications which you have requested or that may be of interest to you;
- to process a job application;
- for administrative and business purposes;
- for advertising and analytical purposes;
- in connection with our legal rights and obligations;
- for certain additional purposes but only with your consent
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We will hold your personal information on our systems only for so long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract with you.
Who has access to your information?
Providers of tenant referencing for referencing
Providers of financial advice, insurance and protection products
Providers of conveyancing for conveyancing purposes
Software platforms to facilitate email marketing
Property CRMs in order to manage your data
Property specialist advisors for specialist advice
Block Management service providers for block management services
Internal client CRM for client management services
Lead management services to help us to generate leads
Accountancy software in order to fulfil our contracts for accounting services
Surveyors for surveying purposes
Other Belvoir Group franchisees if you have requested it
Website hosting companies for website hosting
Debt recovery firms for debt recovery
Accountancy software in order to fulfil our contracts for accounting services
Information that other parties to the contracts and or their legal representatives require, for example on tenancy agreements and sales agreements
Utility companies for the transfer of utilities on a property
Contractors for necessary maintenance and safety certificates
You can choose
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you want to receive communications from us, then you should tick the relevant boxes on the form on which we collect your personal information.
You have the right to:
- access your personal information and to be informed about its use by us and/or our franchisees;
- correct your personal information;
- have your personal information deleted;
- restrict the use of your personal information;
- object to the use of your personal information;
- complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office;
- withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information;
- ask for the personal information to be transferred
Accessing your information
The accuracy of your information is important. If the personal information you have provided to us changes, if you change email address, or any of the other information we hold, please email us at email@example.com or by writing to J Langabeer Ltd T/as Belvoir Colchester, 1 Montrose House, Eld Lane, Colchester, Essex, CO1 1LS.
We will ensure that your personal information is held securely.
Some of your “non-sensitive” details (such as your email address) may be transmitted over the internet and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Transferring your information outside of the UK
The information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the United Kingdom (“UK”) if any of our servers or our processors’ servers are located outside the UK. Countries outside the UK and countries within the European Free Trade Area (EFTA”) may not have equivalent information protection laws to those within the UK. By submitting your personal information, you are agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the UK or EFTA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
Telephone and website recording
We record telephone calls. We may also use web site recording services which may record mouse clicks, mouse movements, page scrolling and any text keyed into website forms. Information collected in such a fashion is for our internal use only. The information collected is used to improve our website useability and is stored and used for aggregated and statistical reporting.
Review of this policy
We keep this policy under regular review. This policy was last updated 29.09.2021.
We have CCTV cameras at our premises and in our car park.
We are especially concerned with protecting the privacy of children/minors. If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain your parent/guardian’s permission before providing any personal information. When providing personal information your parent/guardian should be with you to help you through this process.