We offer a variety of services tailored to each landlord’s situation and requirements. Our well trained, and highly focused, yet friendly team, will help you every step of the way so you feel secure, knowing you comply with the eye watering 145 laws that currently cover renting out a property.
LANDLORD SERVICE OPTIONS:
Tenant Find Only: 60% of the first month’s rent (Incl VAT)
Let Only: 8.4% (Incl VAT) of the rent for the fixed term
Part-Management:Start-up fee of £240(inc VAT) plus 10.8% (Incl VAT) of the rent, deducted from the rent as received
Full Management: Start-up fee of £240(inc VAT) plus 14.4% (Incl VAT) of the rent, deducted from the rent as received.
- Inventory preparation fee: £144 - £360 (inc VAT)
- Preparation of paperwork for Alternative Dispute Resolution: £120 (inc VAT)
- Check out: £144 (inc VAT)
- Duplicate Statements: £6 (inc VAT)
- Professional hourly rate: £54 (inc VAT) per hour
- Re-signing fee: £120 (inc VAT)
- Void management fee: £50 (inc VAT) per week
- Energy Performance Certificate: £78 (inc VAT)
- Gas Safety Certificate: £78 (inc VAT)
- Key Cutting service: £10 (incl VAT) per key
Post Letting Service
(Inclusive with our “Management” services)
- Tenant move out: £84 (inc VAT)
Free buy to let advice
At Belvoir Guildford we have a very in depth knowledge of the local market and give absolutely free advice to landlords that might be thinking of purchasing a property in the Guildford area.
This is best done by booking a no obligation appointment at our office so you can speak to us over a relaxed cup of coffee. Although we do sell properties our advice is completely independent, we are lettings specialists and have no hidden agenda.
There are many questions to consider prior to purchasing a property as a rental investment and we can guide you in the right direction and most importantly help you with some simple tips regarding due diligence that could save you future costs and possibly help maximise your rental return. We will even view the property you are considering to buy if we aren't marketing it.
- What are your objectives in the long term?
- What type of tenants do you want?
- Which properties let easily and don't suffer voids?
- What rent can I achieve?
- What is Yield?
- Which type of property offers best capital growth?
- What to look for to minimise future maintenance costs
- What due diligence can I do prior to purchasing?
- How best to decorate the property
- How to structure your purchase
- Which areas are popular?
- What is an HMO?
- Do I need a licence to let the property?
- What are my obligations for complying with fire safety?
These are just some of the more simple things we can help with.
If you are a first time landlord, or already have a portfolio we strongly advise that you call us and have a chat as there are some simple tips we can give you that could save you £1000s in the long run and ensure you comply with the ever more complicated laws governing privately rented property.
We pride ourselves in never having a single penny in rent owed by a tenant to any of our landlords in a property we manage. By the time every tenancy we have ever managed ended, the rent has always been paid in full. We don’t claim to be perfect, as there are the odd rare times we do get slight delays in rental payments, but our robust referencing and in house systems have never lost our clients any rent. If you want further peace of mind, we do offer a service whereby we would guarantee your rent and even oversee and pay for any eviction should the worst happen. This is not an insurance policy, it is us, your agent of choice, not an insurance company with an excess, paying you any rent if required as part of our service to you.
As a landlord you will legally need specialist buildings insurance. You should also take out contents and liability insurance policies so you know you are covered should the worst happen.
Through our partner at Let Alliance, we can offer bespoke insurance policies which are only available to Belvoir landlords, including standalone buildings or contents options or a combined buildings and contents policy available.
Cover includes the following benefits and options:
- Up to £500,000 Buildings Sum Insured as standard (up to £2 million on request)
- Buildings Accidental Damage included as standard
- Nil, £250 or £500 excess options
- Legal Liability Cover up to £5 million
- Trace and Access up to £5,000
- Malicious and Accidental Damage by tenant option
- UP to 20% Loss of Rent
- Up to 90 days Un-occupancy
- Contents cover up to £50,000 Sum Insured
- Theft of keys and replacement locks
- Nil excess Home Emergency Cover option (with unlimited claims)
- Multiple Property Portfolio quotes (including discounts) on request
- Employed, Retired, Student, Local Authority and Asylum Seeker tenants all covered