Tenant Fees post 1st June 2019 (please see below)
In addition to paying the rent, you may also be required to make the following payments permitted under the Tenant Fees Act 2019.
Before the tenancy starts (payable to Belvoir Enfield ‘the Agent’)
Holding Deposit: 1 week’s rent
Deposit: 5 week's rent
During the tenancy (payable to the Agent)
For English properties:
Payment of interest for the late payment of rent at a rate of 3% above base rate.
During the tenancy if permitted and applicable
- Utilities – gas, electricity, water and sewerage
- Communications – telephone and broadband
- Installation of cable/satellite
- Subscription to cable/satellite supplier
- Television licence
- Council Tax
- Other permitted payments
Any other permitted payments, not included above, for breaches of contract or under the relevant legislation including contractual damages. These may include reasonable costs or losses incurred for loss of keys, security devices and changes to the tenancy agreement or early termination, if the Landlord agrees they can be made, up to the permitted limits.
Belvoir Enfield is a member of Safeagent, which is a client money protection scheme, and also a member of the Property Ombudsman, which is a redress scheme. You can find out more details on our website or by contacting us directly.
Tenant Fees for pre 1st June 2019 Tenancies
Explanation of our tenant fees permitted under the Tenant Fees Act 2019 transitional provisions, where fees are written into existing tenancy agreements. These apply to all tenancy agreements granted or signed and executed before 31st May 2019, and can be charged up until 31st May 2020
Pet deposit: Additional security of ½ month rent.
- To cover the additional risk of damage to the property. This deposit will be protected with your main security deposit with the Deposit Protection Service.
Amendment Fee: £120 (incl VAT)
- Contract negotiation, amending terms and updating your tenancy agreement.
Renewal Fee: £240 (incl VAT)
- Payable where renewal is requested by the tenant.
Ending The Tenancy
Check Out fee: £0
- Attending property to undertake an updated schedule of condition based on the original inventory and negotiating the repayment of the security deposit.
Future landlord reference fee: £0
- Collating information and preparing a reference for a future landlord or letting agent.
Other Fees and Charges
Returned payments: £20 (incl VAT)
Late rent payments: 6% per day from due day.
Letters: £25 (incl VAT)
- Where necessary to write to the tenant regarding breach of tenancy.
We hold Client Money Protection Insurance through Safeagent. To view our certificate, please click here.