Propertymark - How to Claim

Book Valuation

How to Claim
Simply go to the link below and complete the CMP application form. Propertymark need to receive your application within 12 months of us being notified that a misappropriation has occurred.

You do not need to prove fraud. You only need to provide supporting evidence that you have not received money you were legally entitled to, this may be in the form of your tenancy agreement or deposit protection certificate along with bank statements.

Your money is protected throughout the time that your agency is a member of the Propertymark Client Money Protection Scheme. If your agent leaves the scheme, they are required by law to notify you. All agents managing properties in England, Scotland and Wales are legally required to belong to a Government approved Client Money Protection scheme at all times and details of the scheme must be publicly available. If you discover at a later date that money has gone missing during the period of their membership of the Propertymark scheme, you will still be covered even if your agency has are subsequently left the scheme.

Unfortunately, Propertymark cannot make payments for any loss arising from war (whether foreign or civil), terrorism, rebellion, revolution, military uprising or any form of confiscation by state.