Brush off your patio furniture and stoke up the charcoal- we are ready to party!
Summer is on the horizon and what with having a glorious bank holiday weekend I think it’s fair to say we are ready for more sun. Whether it is a fun filled family BBQ or a chilled dinner party with friends, the long hazy days and warm humid evenings are perfect for outside entertaining. Spending time in your garden is the ideal way to get the most out of our Great British Summer, so if you haven’t already brush off your patio furniture and stoke up the charcoal- we are ready to party!
Here are some of our top tips to making sure you are garden party ready;
- Have a belated spring clean, it is never too late to spruce up your outside space and it doesn’t have to be a mammoth effort.
- Bring out the BBQ, whether it has been under a cover or stashed in the shed, now is the time to give it a bit of TLC- give it a good scrub and you are good to go!
- Music is a great way to set the scene for any gathering, and who doesn’t love a little boogie by the BBQ. So create your playlist, set up an iPod dock or a sound system and let the tunes flow.
- Light is a create way to build an atmosphere, chose fairy lights for a soft fun vibe or candles for a more sophisticated feel. Jars and lanterns are perfect for tea lights and create a lovely glow, use to light pathways, tables and garden features.
- Get crafty and creative by creating your own homemade garden decorations. Bunting and retro paper chains are great for brightening up the party, or simply decorate your table with beautiful flower arrangements and pretty napkins. Take a look at our Pinterest board for some great inspiration!
- Nibbles! Who doesn’t love arriving to a party to find nipples awaiting. Welcome your guests with some tasty bites, it will whet their appetites and get conversations flowing.
- You can’t beat old fashioned, homemade lemonade. It’s true so why not have ago at creating your own, you can even make them into ice lollies for the kids! For the adults, why not also consider a jug of Pimms- a staple summer special.
- Love entertaining but can sometimes find it hard work? Why not ask your friends and family to bring a little something with them- meat for the BBQ, a delicious salad or why not create your own dessert table for people to sample and enjoy.
- British weather doesn’t always go to plan, so it is a great idea to have a backup plan just in case the heavens decide to open- a tent or a gazebo is a good emergency option!
- Most of all enjoy! Being a host can sometimes be a little stressful, but if you plan and stay chilled all will be fabulous.
Sources; Decoration photograph by Ben Rosett | Drinks photograph by Ingrid Hofstra