The countdown to the Royal Wedding is officially on!
The countdown to the Royal Wedding is officially on, with the big event taking place this weekend. Ever since the announcement came that Prince Harry was to Marry Meghan Markle, the country have been plotting and planning the ultimate party and hunting out their red, white and blue decorations. If you are throwing your own party this weekend, we’ve gathered a few ideas together to give your party the Royal treatment and help planning be well on its way.
- Get your guests excited for the festivities by sending out a formal invitation, everyone loves an invite and this is a great way to keep track of who is attending.
- Designate a dress code, the guests of the Royal Wedding will be dressed to perfection so why can’t you.
- Set the scene. The Royals have slowly released information related to the couple’s wedding planning over the last couple of months, including floral arrangements and the cake. Visit your local florist and sweet spot to request similar options.
- Go over the top with everything, aim for fabulousness and beyond. Royal’s weddings don’t happen very often so why not go all out!
- Entertain the kids with classic British games- noughts and crosses, snakes and ladders, bowels and rounder’s are a few to keep you going.
- Build a British inspired menu, a delicious spread will certainly impress your guests. Stick to the British favourite sweet treats; Banoffee Pie, Bakewell Tart, Eton Mess, Battenberg Cake and of course the classic scone. Those of you that are more savoury opt for sausage rolls, scotch eggs, quiche and cucumber and smoked salmon sandwiches.
- Don’t forget to toast to the bride and groom! For drinks opt for English Tea, Prosecco, Rose and Champagne- these are all sure to go down well. For an alcohol free option try orange juice or homemade lemonade.
Check out our Pinterest board ‘Be… Royal Wedding Ready’ for more Royal inspiration!
Sources; Cake photograph by Gianna Ciaramello | Champagne photograph by Nik MacMilan