Tenant charges for housing act tenancies
In addition to paying the rent, you may also be required to make the following payments permitted under the Tenant Fees Act 2019.
Before the tenancy starts (payable to Milverton Grove Ltd t/a Belvoir Devizes ‘the Agent’)
Holding Deposit: approximately equivalent to 1 weeks’ rent
Deposit: approximately equivalent to 5 weeks’ rent
During the tenancy (payable to the Agent)
Payment of interest for the late payment of rent at a rate of 3% above the Bank of England’s base rate for each day that the payment has been outstanding.
Payment for a breach of the tenancy agreement up to the prescribed limit
During the tenancy if permitted and applicable
- Utilities – gas, electricity, oil, water and sewerage
- Communications – telephone and broadband
- Installation of cable/satellite
- Subscription to cable/satellite supplier
- Television licence
- Council Tax
Other permitted payments
Any other permitted payments, not included above, for breaches of contract or under the relevant legislation including contractual damages. These may include reasonable costs or losses incurred for loss of keys, security devices and changes to the tenancy agreement or early termination, if the Landlord agrees they can be made, up to the permitted limits.
- Milverton Grove Ltd t/a Belvoir Devizes is a member of safeagent, which is a client money protection scheme.
- Milverton Grove Ltd t/a Belvoir Devizes is a member of The Property Ombudsman, which is a redress scheme. You can find out more details on our website or by contacting us directly.