Top Tips For Landlords From Belvoir Burnley

Book Valuation

Selective Housing Scheme and HMOs require a license.

It is a legal requirement to ensure the deposit is registered in one of the three government back schemes. We use the Deposit Protection Scheme. (DPS).

You need to be able to prove you own the property either by land registry or a mortgage statement.

EPC, EICR, Gas safety record, boiler service, legionella risk assessment, CO2 and working smoke alarms on every floor. It is important to ensure tenants have the ‘right to rent’.

Is it furnished? Does the rent include any bills?  Think about limiting your liabilities by renting unfurnished.

Fully managed is a hassle-free service. Only choose a let only service if you are an experienced landlord who knows current legislation (and there is a lot).

Make sure you have the money set aside to cover your mortgage if the rent is not paid or take out rent guarantee to ensure your rent is paid if your tenants fail to pay the rent. Have available funds for any repairs that may need to be done. Make sure you purchase buildings insurance.

Contact Us Now

  • By clicking submit you agree to the storage and use of your data in accordance with our Privacy Policy.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.