Free of charge and with no obligation we will attend the property to provide a full rental appraisal.
- Compile marketing details including quality photographs, floorplan and a full written description.
- Market your property via the Belvoir website, the Rightmove property portal, the On The Market portal, our Skipton office and erect a to-let board outside the property where possible.
- Qualify any applicants to ensure they meet your tenant criteria.
- If required, arrange for an Energy Performance Certificate, Landlords Gas Safety Certificate and Electrical Inspection Report for the property.
- Conduct all viewings with potential tenants.
- Discuss any tenancy applications with the landlord to ensure they are comfortable before proceeding to the referencing stage.
- Carry out full comprehensive referencing process on the applicants including the Right to Rent checks.
- Subject to satisfactory references, and with the landlords approval, we will then set up the tenancy agreement and arrange the signing.
- Provide to the tenant(s) prior to the commencement of the tenancy a copy of the current Governments publication, How to Rent; The checklist for how to rent in England, a copy of a valid Energy Performance Certificate and a copy of the current landlord gas safety certificate.
- Prior to the commencement of the tenancy we will carry out a full written and photographic inventory / schedule of condition of the property. This includes ensuring the property is compliant with the smoke alarm and CO alarm legislation as we as carrying out a legionella risk assessment report.
- Prior to the commencement of the tenancy we will collect the first month’s rent and deposit.
- Within the designated timeframe we will secure the deposit with the Deposit Protection Service and issue the tenants with the prescribed information.
- Conduct the check-in with the tenants to agree start meter readings, the contents of the inventory and ensure the tenants are familiar with the appliances, heating system and the locations of the stop taps and isolator switches.
- Notify the utility providers of the new tenant’s details and provide start meter readings.
- Provide the landlord with a signed copy of the tenancy agreement and the inventory together with our statement.
- Our fee for this service is one month’s rent inclusive of VAT payable for each letting to a tenant introduced by The Agent. Payable on commencement of tenancy and deducted from the rent collected at the commencement of tenancy.
- All of the above +
- Monitoring and collection of all ongoing monthly rental income.
- Payment of all due monies received to your nominated bank account by direct transfer and issue of a monthly statement
- Provide duplicate payment statements via email in PDF format if required
- Monitor the rental value and discuss any increases with the landlord before issuing the tenant(s) with the relevant rent increase notice.
- Carry out periodic property inspections and issue you with a detailed report
- Arrange for the attendance of relevant contractors to either quote, inspect or repair any items reported by the tenant, or noted during the periodic inspections.
- Pay for all repairs and liabilities up to an authorised limit direct from your monthly rental income
- Arrange the annual Landlords Gas Safety Certificate.
- Conduct the check-out with the tenant(s) at the end of the tenancy and provide a full checkout report.
- Notify the utility suppliers that the tenants have vacated and supply closing meter readings and forwarding address details.
- Arrange the repayment of the deposit and negotiate any deductions as necessary.
- Set up a new tenancy agreement after the fixed term at your request. Our standard agreement will go into a monthly periodic after the initial fixed term.
- Issue the tenants with notice to vacate at your request.
- Our fee for this service is a setup fee of £ 360.00 inclusive of VAT payable for each letting to a tenant introduced by The Agent, plus 12% to 15% inclusive of VAT of each month’s rent. These figures may be negotiable dependant on property location, condition and size.