Landlord Services & Fees
At Belvoir we have a totally transparent charging structure that we constantly monitor to ensure we are the most cost effective agent in your area.
We offer 3 levels of service and our charges are:Let Only Including Tenant Eviction Service - Fees Applicable: 1 month’s rent plus VAT for monthly rental amounts payable for each letting where the tenant is introduced through the Agent. Payable on commencement of tenancy and deducted from the rent collected at the commencement of tenancy.
To market your property we will:
- Ensure we note full details of your wishes with respect to the letting. Apply to your Lender for permission to let, if applicable.
- Provide you with advice and assistance on protecting your property and rental income.
- Search our database to find a tenant match.
- Place your property details on our national website and appropriate portal sites, all of which we will monitor and update daily.
- Effect appropriate advertising of your property through online media, by board erection, from our business premises and through direct mailing to our applicant database and local businesses.
- Conduct accompanied tenant viewings at your property, giving you full feedback on each occasion.
- On finding a potentially suitable tenant we will carry out credit and status checks.
- Keep you advised of progress throughout all processes.
- Gain your approval of the tenant and official consent to proceed.
- Draw up and agree with you the Tenancy Agreement and Conditions.
- Arrange buildings and contents and/or rent warranty as requested.
- Collect all advance monies from the tenant.
- Move in the tenant Inform all the utilities of the change of occupant, together with meter readings.
- Request deposit from tenant in form of bankers draft made payable to the landlords designated deposit scheme and send onto landlord to action appropriately or alternatively, if the Landlord uses the same deposit scheme as Belvoir Grantham (DPS – Deposit Protection Service), we will collect the deposit from the tenant on sign up and administer the transfer and registration of the deposit to the Landlords DPS account.
- Forward your monies by direct electronic transfer to your nominated bank account without delay, providing you with a statement of account and copies of all relevant documentation.
Letting and Rent Collection - Fees Applicable: Start-up fee of £300 (£360 Inc. VAT) plus 7% (8.4% inclusive of VAT) of the rent received deducted by the Agent
All of the above plus
- Arrangement of rent warranty, if appropriate (Belvoir will renew this policy automatically on an annual basis, unless we receive your instructions to cancel).
- Deposit will be lodged with our designated Tenancy Deposit Scheme and held till end of the tenancy.
- Monitoring and collection of all ongoing monthly rental income.
- Payment of all due monies received to your nominated bank account by direct transfer and issue of a monthly statement.
Full Management - Fees Applicable: Start-up fee of £300 (£360 Inc. VAT) plus 12% (14.4% inclusive of VAT) of the rent received, deducted by the Agent
All of the above plus
- Deposit will be lodged with our designated Tenancy Deposit Scheme and held until the end of the tenancy.
- Carry out periodic property visits of your property and issue you with a full follow-up report.
- Ensuring maintenance problems are dealt with swiftly and as per your instructions, using reputable tradesmen
- Payment for all repairs and liabilities up to authorised limits direct from monthly rental income.
At the end of the tenancy we will:
- Issue the advance legal notices as required.
- Advise the tenant of the required Move Out procedures.
- Carry out the ‘Move Out’ procedures with the tenant in attendance.
- Check the property against the inventory/statement of condition and inform you of any dilapidations.
- Organise for the return of the deposit through our designated Tenancy Deposit Scheme and if necessary deduct for any dilapidation charges.
- Take all meter readings and inform the utility providers as necessary.
- Hand over the property to you or seek a new tenant as instructed
- Inventory fee charged at both the beginning and end of tenancy - ALL LEVELS OF SERVICE
- Studio £60 (£72 Inc VAT)
- 1 Bedroom £70 (£84 Inc VAT)
- 2 Bedroom £90 (£108 Inc VAT)
- 3 Bedroom £105 (£126 Inc VAT)
- 4 Bedroom £125 (£150 Inc VAT)
- 5 Bedroom £135 (£162 Inc VAT)
- 6 Bedrooms £145 (£174 Inc VAT)
- Professional hourly rate: £65 (£78 Inc. VAT) Charged by the Agent when required to carry out any additional services
- Check out: same as for inventory service above charged by agent at start and end of tenancy
- Void property inspections: £45 (£54 Inc. VAT) per visit (for example if property is empty but your insurance policy requires regular checks)
- Tenancy Agreement Renewals: £90 (£108 Inc. VAT) Free with our fully managed service excluding HMO’s which incur an additional £25 (£30 Inc. VAT) per tenant
- Admin involved in the Tenancy Deposit Protection legislation: £60 (£72 Inc. VAT) - included in Fully Managed Service
- Energy Performance Certificate (EPC): £80
- Gas Safety Certificate: £85
- Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR): £150 – applicable for any size property
- Legionnaires Risk Assessment: £80
- End of Tenancy Cleaning: Price on application
Minimum Fee: Where the Landlord cancels the Agent’s instruction to provide a management service, the Agent will charge, and the Landlord will pay, a fee based upon 75% (plus VAT) of the agreed management fee for the period, not exceeding six months from the commencement date of the tenancy.
If you are a landlord with multiple properties then there may be discounts available, please contact us to discuss these.
Belvoir Sidcup is a member of Safe Agent and The Property Ombudsman Scheme.
With all levels of service we provide at no extra cost;
- Agree market rent and find a tenant.
- Advise on refurbishment.
- Provide guidance on compliance with statutory provisions and letting consents.
- Carry out accompanied viewings (as appropriate)
- Market the property and advertise on relevant portals (including Rightmove, Zoopla and Belvoir.co.uk)
- At request we will erect board outside property in accordance with Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
- Advise on non-resident tax status and HMRC (if relevant)
There are many other areas of management that agents routinely fall down on:
Does your agent run a daily payment run to ensure you receive your rent the day it arrives, rather than a week or two later?
Does your agent actually carry out the property inspections they promise with their managed service?
Does your agent market your property correctly by taking good quality photographs?
ALL LETTINGS AGENTS ARE NOT THE SAME
Property is personal with Belvoir, speak to us and discover the difference.