Tenancy Procedure & Charges
Before renting a property, it's important to know what procedures will apply and what you'll need to pay. Full details can be found on our application form, a copy of which can be downloaded by clicking here.
In addition to paying the rent, you may also be required to make the following payments permitted under the Tenant Fees Act 2019.
Before the tenancy starts (payable to us, Belvoir Rugby, ‘the Agent’)
- Holding Deposit: 1 week’s rent
- Deposit: 5 weeks rent
During the tenancy (payable to the Agent)
- Payment of interest for the late payment of rent, at least 14 days overdue, at a rate of 3% above the Bank of England website
During the tenancy if permitted and applicable
- Utilities – gas, electricity, water and sewerage
- Communications – telephone and broadband
- Installation of cable/satellite
- Subscription to cable/satellite supplier
- Television licence
- Council Tax
Other permitted payments
Any other permitted payments, not included above, for breaches of contract or under the relevant legislation including contractual damages. These may include reasonable costs or losses incurred for loss of keys, security devices and changes to the tenancy agreement or early termination, if the Landlord agrees they can be made, up to the permitted limits.
Fees (inclusive of VAT) are charged to companies for lettings as follows:
- £300 application fee*
- £30 for a digital inventory
- £30 late rent fee for each 7 days that a rent payment is late
- £60 check out fee per property
* Application fees cover referencing, credit checks, the Tenancy Agreement and Deposit registration
Additional fees may be charged for breaching the tenancy agreement. A sample tenancy agreement is available on request.
Details of how we manage client money can be found here...
We are a regulated agent which gives you an independent means of redress in the case of any issues. We hold
memberships of the Association of Residential Lettings Agents (ARLA), the SafeAgent Scheme, and the Property