Due to the recent ASA (Advertising Standards Authority) ruling regarding tenant fees, please find below a full list of charges made to a tenant by Belvoir.
Tenant Fees post 1st June 2019 (please see below)
In addition to paying the rent, you may also be required to make the following payments permitted under the Tenant Fees Act 2019.
Before the tenancy starts (payable to Belvoir ‘the Agent’):
Holding Deposit: 1 week’s rent
Deposit: Equivalent to 5 week’s rent
During the tenancy if permitted and applicable:
- Utilities – gas, electricity, water and sewerage
- Communications – telephone and broadband
- Installation of cable/satellite
- Subscription to cable/satellite supplier
- Television licence
- Council Tax
Other permitted payments:
Any other permitted payments, not included above, for breaches of contract or under the relevant legislation including contractual damages. These may include reasonable costs or losses incurred for loss of keys, security devices and changes to the tenancy agreement or early termination, if the Landlord agrees they can be made, up to the permitted limits.
Late Rental Payment:
Will incur a 3% charge above the base rate of Bank of England per day on the outstanding amount after 14 days
Lost Keys or Security Devices:
- Standard Door Key £10 Inclusive Of VAT per Key
- Specialist Door Key £20 Inclusive Of VAT per Key
- Key Fob £50 Inclusive Of VAT per Fob
- Hourly Rate to arrange new Keys or Security Devices £15 inclusive of VAT per hour
Changes To A Tenancy:
Any changes to a tenancy while in tenancy will be charged at £50 Inclusive of VAT.
Changes include, but not limited to the below:
- Pets to be kept in the property
- Change of Sharer
- Permission to sub-let
- A business runs from the property
- Any other amendments that alter the obligations of the agreement
When an early termination is required from an agreement the cost of this to the tenant will be £350 inclusive of VAT
We hold client money protection through Safeagent and we are a member of The Property Ombudsman. To view our certificate, please click here.