Benefits to a landlord from having a managed service with a letting agency
Although some landlords would prefer to manage their own property/ properties, there are many benefits of using a letting agency such as Belvoir. As a landlord, having an agency managing your property/ properties can aid you massively in finding a suitable tenant quicker, whilst also providing advice on what type of tenant your property will appeal to, and how you can realistically maximize rent, of which is extremely useful to newer landlords. Having an agency can also ensure that the tenants who move into the property/ properties are suitable and of good caliber, which also help to make sure that rent is received on time and that the property is looked after whilst being let.
Not only does having a managed service with a letting agency provide a safety net for landlords’ properties, but it also saves in stress and hassle, as letting a property can be very time consuming and complex. Some of the benefits of working with an approved letting agency such as Belvoir include:
- All paperwork and legislation associated with letting a property, including safety and other legal matters, are dealt with;
- Handling and placing tenants’ deposits in a secure deposit protection scheme (which is now a legal requirement);
- Manage day-to-day problems and repairs, of which is especially useful if the landlord lives away from the property;
- Advertise and market the property and provide advice as to what is currently on the market;
- Vet and reference all potential tenants to weed out those who might prove unreliable, thus avoiding situations such as non-payment of rent or tenants leaving a property empty without notice;
- Act as a go between for the tenant and landlord in case of any disputes;
- Advise and help to prepare a property to let out in order to gain the highest potential rental income;
- Manage rental collection;
- Co-ordinate maintenance issues with local contractors at a fair price;
- Getting the landlords’ property straight back onto the market as soon as the current tenant hands in their notice;
- Dealing with all lettings enquiries, attending viewings and updating the landlord regularly on these.
Please contact us if you would like to discuss the landlord services we provide.