Pop in and see us...
Mon-Fri 09:00 to 17:30
Sat 10:00 to 16:00 (by appointment)
Move Your Management To Belvoir
Not Happy With Your Current Agent?
Recently we have had enquiries from current Landlords using other agents who want to move the management of their properties to us because they are getting poor service and know we will offer them what they are looking for. It is not always easy to see how this can happen but here are the simple steps needed in order to do so:
- Firstly, find out how much notice you are required to give your current agent. This is likely to be 1 or 2 months and should be contained within the Terms of Business you signed. If you cannot find it, simply contact them and ask.
- Once you have this information, give them the required written notice to end your agreement with them. It will be best if your notice ends on a rent due date as it will make the switching process of the monthly rent payment easier. Ideally you will also need contact details for the current Tenant which your existing letting agent should provide.
- You won't even need to make arrangements to collect all the necessary documentation from your existing agent (such as the inventory and gas safety certificate) as we can do this on your behalf if you prefer.
- You will be given our paperwork to complete and sign.
- Your current Tenant will be contacted by us and a meeting will be set up with them at the property to introduce ourselves and to explain the process going forward. This will involve them re-doing their standing order to pay us rather than your existing agent. The timing of this switch will depend on when the notice you give your current agent expires.
- At the point of taking over management, we would usually produce a new Tenancy Agreement for the Tenant to sign but we can be flexible about this and the current inventory as there are a number of options depending on your requirements.
- So the main thing you need to do is give your current agent notice, give us the contact details of the tenant and agent and we can handle the rest for you. We will make the process as easy and stress-free as possible and you can be assured of excellent service going forwards.