Pop in and see us...

Manchester Chorlton
412 Wilbraham Road, Chorlton Manchester, Greater Manchester M21 0SD
Sales: 0161 861 7520 Lettings: 0161 861 7520 Fax: 0161 861 7177

Opening Hours

Monday to Friday: 8.30am – 5.30pm
Saturday: 9.30am – 5pm








As a residential property landlord you need more than standard policy for your buildings and contents insurance. That’s why Belvoir have designed a landlord house insurance which includes landlord building insurance & landlord contents insurance.
As a tenant, it is in your interest to get contents insurance to cover your belongings while residing at rented proeprties.

Included in our landlord house insurance:-

Buildings and landlords furnishing (if specified) are protected in respect of damage caused by:
- Fire, explosion, lightning, earthquake, aircraft
- Storm, flood, escape of water, oil, falling trees or aerials
- Malicious damage, riot, civil commotion,, labour and political disturbance, theft and attempted theft
- Impact by vehicles, trains or animals
- Facilitating the repair of pipes
- Accidental damage to fixed glass, sanitary ware, underground pipes and services
- Subsidence, ground heave or landslip

Our landlord house insurance additionally includes:
- Full accidental damage to building and landlord’s furnishings, including that caused by tenants
- Malicious damage by tenants
- Full cover for vacant properties between lets (subject to the terms of the occupancy/empty buildings condition as detailed in the policy)
- No exclusion for acts or omissions by the tenant which is unknown to the insured (Refer to policy wording for full details)

Other specific income & cost issues covered by our landlord house insurance:
- Loss of, or reduction in rental income following damage (as per the sum insured shown on the quotation/certificate)
- Period covers up to 36 months to re-let (many policies cease when the damage is repaired)
- Further expenditure to avoid loss or reduction in rental income including alternative accommodation
- Cost of re-letting
- Loss of rent following damages to managing agent’s premises

Property Owner’s Liability
- Limit of indemnity £5,000,000

Rent and Legal

If there is a legal dispute with the tenant or a default in the rent, will your insurance pay the legal costs and lost rent? OURS WILL!

The Belvoir Legal Protection and Rental Guarantee Insurance has been tailor made for Belvoir giving our landlords peace of mind when they use us as their letting agent. The policy covers in respect of:

Legal Costs and Rent Protection
Legal costs to pursue civil legal cases for damages or injunctions against tenants or their guarantors where the tenant fails to perform his obligations set out in the Tenancy Agreement relating to the rightful occupation of the insured property. This not only protects your rent but also covers the legal cost of repossession such as court costs, etc.

Rent arrears
Under the tenancy agreement up to a limit of £2,500 per month, £10,000 per annum or until vacant possession (providing statutory notices are issued)

Property Disputes
Legal costs and expenses relating to:
- Physical Possession of your property (providing statutory notices are issued)
- Dilapidations (subject to a minimum sum disputed of £1,000 and a limit of 75% payable in legal fees on such sums)
- Nuisance

Repair and Renovation Disputes
Legal Costs and Expenses relating to pursuit or defence of a contractual dispute with a Contractor over renovation, major repair or maintenance.

Health and Safety Prosecutions
Legal Expenses for the Defence of criminal prosecutions and appeals against Improvement Notices under the Health and Safety at Work Act

Tax Protection
Expert representation in the event of an in depth tax investigation providing the investigation relates to your business as a property owner

It’s the property, not the tenancy that’s covered
So there is no need to take out a new policy when the tenant changes

For further details please call us on 0161 861 7520

Email a Friend

Please check you have entered all details correctly