Embrace the Christmas rush and launch your property for sale on Christmas Eve!
- Sellers who wait until after the Christmas period to get their property on the market will miss the wave of activity from festive browsers who start their search even before the turkey is finished.
- Analysis of Rightmove traffic data shows that buyers are busy online over Christmas. There are nine days of holidays, starting on Christmas Eve, when people have time on their hands to window shop for new properties from the comfort of their own home, often testing out their new tablet and smartphone gifts in the process. Once Christmas is over with the next big thing on their minds is whether to move in the New Year.
- The internet, as a way we search for properties to buy or rent, has dramicially changed over the years with the growth of enquiries during the Christmas and New Year period growing year upon year.
- While sellers may not want to be bothered by having viewers in the house over the holiday period, it makes sense for prospective buyers to be able to look online, whet their appetite and contact the estate agent to take it further in the New Year. In order to take advantage of these festive surfers, prospective sellers who were planning to wait until the New Year should consider launching their property to the market just before Christmas to take advantage of this activity.
- Those currently on the market should also make sure that their advert and property are looking their best to catch those early-bird Christmas buyers.