post 1st June 2019 (please see below)
In addition to paying the rent, you may also be required to make the following payments permitted under the Tenant Fees Act 2019.
Before the tenancy starts (payable to Belvoir Dunstable ‘the Agent’)
Holding Deposit: 1 week’s rent. This will not be refunded if:
- You have provided false or misleading information
- You fail a right to rent check
- You withdraw from the property
- You fail to take all reasonable steps to enter into the tenancy agreement and the landlord or agent has taken all reasonable steps to do so
Deposit: Up to the limit allowed by the Tenant Fees Act 2019 of 5 weeks rent
During the tenancy (payable to the Agent)
Payment of interest for the late payment of rent at a rate of 3% above the Bank of England base rate for each day the rent is late.
During the tenancy if permitted and applicable
- Utilities – gas, electricity, water and sewerage
- Communications – telephone and broadband
- Installation of cable/satellite
- Subscription to cable/satellite supplier
- Television licence
- Council Tax
- Other permitted payments
Any other permitted payments, not included above, for breaches of contract or under the relevant legislation including contractual damages. These may include reasonable costs or losses incurred for loss of keys, security devices and changes to the tenancy agreement or early termination, if the Landlord agrees they can be made, up to the permitted limits.