- Leicester Central Homepage
- Book a Property Valuation
- View Our Properties to Rent
- View Our Student Accommodation
- View Our Properties for Sale
- Landlord Pages
- Tenant Pages
- Student Pages
- Buying or Selling a Property?
- Local Links and Attractions
- Leicester Property Blog
- Belvoir Leicester - Our Team
- Come Visit Us!
- Belvoir Leicester Central Reviews
- Contact Leicester Central
- Expand Navigation
- Collapse Navigation
Pop in and see us...
Mon-Fri: 9:00 to 17:45
Sat: 10:00 to 14:00
Property Service Options
Here at Belvoir Leicester we offer two main service options for landlords who entrust their property to be let out by us...
Included in this service are as follows;
- An initial visit to the property to appraise and provide an indication of the likely rent achievable, along with any recommendations to the landlord for improvements which could help the property achieve a faster let or a higher market value.
- Obtain photographs and information on the property in order to advertise it to our best ability, in order to attract interested parties.
- Advertise the property, via to-let boards, in the office and on websites, such as Belvoir’s own, Zoopla and Rightmove.
- Arrange and accompany potential tenants on viewings – corresponding with existing tenants where necessary, on your behalf.
- Receive and vet applications for viability against Belvoir’s criteria.
- Referencing and ‘right-to-rent’ checks on any potential tenants, after approval from yourself as the landlord.
- Arrange a suitable tenancy agreement and have this completed and signed by the tenants, before a move in.
- Compile a detailed property inspection and inventory, including photographs of the property’s current condition.
- Obtain meter readings and alert utility companies and relevant council of a change of tenancy.
- Collection of the first month’s rent and deposit.
- Register the deposit to with the TDS and hold this on your behalf until the end of the tenancy, or transfer this to your own chosen deposit registry scheme, such as DPS.
- Inform the tenant of your information and bank details for their use during the remainder of their tenancy.
This service is offered at 60% of the first months rent (Plus VAT), with a minimum charge of £375.00 (£450 incl VAT) payable for each letting. This is deducted from the rent collected at the commencement of tenancy.
A fully managed service includes all the above points along with these additional items;
- Advice and links to a comprehensive rent guarantee and insurance policy.
- Monthly rental collection – and appropriate action taken to recover any rent should the tenant fail to pay when required.
- Help and advice in regards to actions a landlord can take should rental arrears occur.
- Monthly statements of income and expenditure.
- Be the main point of contact for your tenants – for maintenance and general enquiries.
- To work with a base of third party contractors who can carry out all and any general maintenance work that may occur during a tenancy.
- To inform the landlord of any reported maintenance issues and source quotations where requested.
- To act on the landlord’s behalf for emergency maintenance works, and give approval for repairs where further damage could occur.
- To visit the property at regular intervals during the tenancy to inspect its current condition and ensure the property is being tenanted in line with our expectations.
- Carry out checks and inspections of items required by law, e.g. gas safety checks and smoke alarm tests and replacements, when required on the landlord’s behalf.
- Correspond directly with the tenants in situ in regards to contractor or inspection visits.
- Alert the landlord of the opportunity for yearly rental increases and carry out the required notices for the increase to occur unless otherwise notified.
- Advise and carry out the required correspondence and legal notifications on behalf of the landlord should they require the property back from their current tenant.
- Advise the landlord of any notice to vacate received from the tenant and remarket as required.
- Arrange and perform a move out inspection, checking the property condition against that stated in the original inventory.
- Claim for required works should any tenant liable damage have occurred during a tenancy, obtain quotes and ensure repairs are completed ready for a new tenancy to begin.
- Liaise with contractors, tenants, and potential applicants on behalf of the landlord – passing relevant correspondence onto the landlord.
- Advice and assistance should a deposit turn to a formal dispute.
- Release and reimburse the deposit to the vacating tenant directly.
This service is offered at £250.00 (£300 incl VAT) payable for each let and our standard management fee is 11% plus VAT of the monthly rent. This is deducted from the rent collected at the commencement of tenancy.
If you would like more information on any of our services or would like to discuss how these options would benefit you and your property please don't hesitate to contact us on 0116 3666 333 or pop in and visit us in branch.