Pop in and see us...
Monday - Friday 9am-5:30pm
Saturday - 10am-3pm
Sunday - CLOSED
Property Lettings Services For Chelmsford Landlords
What if you need to move in the near future? job relocation, downsizing, family, think carefully before selling your home and 'LET' it instead.
Advantages to letting your property:
- Avoid the housing markets 'Seasonal' changes.
- Offset your RENTAL income towards any mortgage.
- Stay on the property ownership ladder.
- Legislation enables you to let securely.
- Your rental income may not be taxable.
What to consider before entering into a Tenancy Agreement. We can help:
- How do I ensure my house is looked after?
- What if I need my house back in the future?
- If mortgaged, can I LET the property?
- Will I pay tax on the rental income?
BE! with BELVOIR who will help with all of the above.
As a competent, regulated agent BELVOIR PROPERTY MANAGEMENT specialize solely in residential letting. Enjoy and experience our professional yet personal service and our understanding of you 'THE CLIENTS' requirements whilst becoming a saticfied LANDLORD.
We will appraise and provide a market valuation for your property at NO cost. Rent is payable monthly to you from our client account once received; we prepare and provide a monthly schedule of income and expenditure which can be used for your Inland Revenue returns.
We collect a 'Dilapidations Deposit' from the tenant in order to safeguard against damage. At the end of the tenancy we arrange a final inspection of the property and if applicable the cost for any agreed remedial works attributed to the tenant will be deducted from this deposit.
We will find you a suitable tenant, take up Full References plus Credit Checks and Right to Rent validity.
We will prepare a legal agreement under current legislation to suit your individual circumstances. This is normally for 12 month fixed period and not less than 6 months. You may elect for 12 months with a break clause allowing you to re-occupy the house provided sufficient notice is given and the initial period has elapsed. Similarly a tenant may terminate after the initial period by giving appropriate notice.
Rates and Services
The payment of council tax, water rates, gas, electricity, telephone and TV are generally the responsibility of the tenants.
You are responsible for repairs to the property with the exception of breakage’s caused by the tenants. We have access to a numerous qualified contractors who carry out maintenance and/or repairs when required. No advance moneys are required as in most cases the cost can be deducted from your rental income/account.
Building Society Mortgages
You will need to check with your mortage provider they have no restrictions and you have the right to let the property. Lenders may raise the interest rate for a let property.
You may be able to offset some of the following against the annual rent received for tax purposes:
- Belvoir fees
- Fair wear and tear & repair costs.
- 10% of rent for depreciation, if furnished or part furnished.
- Interest paid to the Building Society or Mortgage Company.
- Insurance premiums..
- If you would like a more comprehensive tax service we can guide you in the right direction.
Rent & Insurance
We have the facility to provide Guaranteed Rent and Legal Protection Cover. We are able to offer through our brokers, building insurance and home contents insurance, all of which is specifically designed for our LANDLORDS and 'rental’ properties.
Our fees for managing your property will be amongst some of the most competitive available. For these fees we will:
- Appraise your property
- Market your property
- Qualify applicants
- Conduct accompanied viewings
- Find suitable tenants
- Take up references
- Carry out credit checks
- Complete all Immigration and Right to Rent checks
- Draw up a tenancy agreement
- By agreement; arrange for an AIIC accredited Inventory/Statement of Condition report to be completed pre-tenancy
- Collect the rent and account to you every month