Pop in and see us...
Monday - Friday 9am-5:30pm
Saturday - 10am-3pm
Sunday - CLOSED
Property Lettings Services For Chelmsford Landlords
Do you need to move in the near future? whatever the reason, job relocation, downsizing, family, think carefully before selling your home.
Advantages to letting your property:
- avoid seasonal changes in the housing market.
- it helps pay the mortgage
- it keeps you on the home ownership ladder
- new laws make it much easier to let
- in many cases your income will not be taxed
There are a number of questions to consider before entering into any agreement:
- can I ensure my house is looked after?
- what if I suddenly need my house back?
- will my building society allow me to let?
- how much tax will I pay on the rental income?
These questions need not be a worry if you entrust the letting to a competent agent. At BELVOIR PROPERTY MANAGEMENT we specialize solely in residential letting; our service is professional yet personal taking care to understand the individual requirements of our Landlords.
We welcome the opportunity to advise on and provide a market valuation for your property. Rents are payable monthly to you from our client account once received and we prepare an income and expenditure account which you can use for your Inland Revenue returns.
We collect a dilapidations deposit from the tenant to safeguard against damage/s. At the end of the tenancy we will inspect the property and the cost of any agreed remedial work attributed to the tenant will be deducted from this deposit.
We will find a suitable tenant and take up references and credit checks.
We will prepare a legal agreement under current legislation to suit your individual circumstances. In general this will be for a period of not less than 6 months. You can elect for 12 months with or without a break clause. Flexibility can be provided to re-occupy the house after giving the tenant two month's notice to quit provided the initial period has elapsed. Similarly the tenant may terminate after the initial period by giving one month's notice.
Rates and Services
The payment of council tax, water rates, gas, electricity, telephone and TV are generally the responsibility of the tenants.
You are responsible for all repairs to the property with the exception of window glass or other breakage’s caused by the tenants. We have access to a number of qualified contractors who can carry out maintenance and/or repairs, the charges can be deducted from your account.
Building Society Mortgages
We can undertake speaking with your Building Society in order to obtain their permission to let the property. Some lenders might charge higher interest rates for let properties and raise a service charge.
From the total rent received in a tax year you can normally deduct, for tax purposes, the following:
- Our fees
- Fair wear and tear & repair costs.
- 10% of rent for depreciation, if furnished or part furnished.
- Interest paid to the Building Society or Mortgage Company.
- Insurance premiums.
- You then pay tax on the remainder of the rent.
- If you would like a more comprehensive tax service we can arrange this for you.
We have the facility to provide; Rent Guarantee Insurance & Legal Protection Cover. We can also offer through our brokers, household building insurance and home contents insurance, all of which have been specifically designed for ‘rental’ properties.
Our fees for managing your property will be amongst some of the most competitive available. For these fees we will:
- Find you a suitable tenant
- We will conduct accompanied viewings.
- Take up references
- Carry out credit checks
- Draw up a tenancy agreement
- Provide by agreement an AIIC accredited Inventory/Statement of Condition
- Collect the rent and account to you monthly