Pop in and see us...
Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm.
Procedures For Renting From Belvoir!
TENANCY APPLICATION - SUBJECT TO CONTRACT
PROCEDURE FOR SECURING A TENANCY
1. The landlord has instructed us to act on their behalf in their absence and to seek suitable tenants.
2. Having viewed the property and arrived at a decision to make application to rent you are required to provide personal details ranging from name and address to occupation and salary. You are required to provide financial, employer, character and landlord/agent references as we can only agree to a tenancy subject to satisfactory replies from those referees. Our investigations will also include a search of the Credit Registers to establish your financial credibility. This is not meant as a possible doubt in relation to your character and financial situation but seeks to establish that, in all respects, an applicant is suitable and satisfactory. Your salary should be at least 2.5 x annual rent.
3. If you are claiming benefits of any kind or are under 21 years of age, you will require a Guarantor. This person should be over 24 and in full time employment earning at least 3 x annual rent. The person nominated to stand as Guarantor will be contacted to ensure that they are aware of a Guarantor’s obligations and will be asked to complete a Guarantor’s application form.
4. If you have County Court Judgements registered against you it may prove impossible to grant you a Tenancy unless satisfactory evidence of the clearance of debt is produced prior to the commencement of the Tenancy. If you are unable to provide satisfactory references or credit check you may still be offered a Tenancy subject to a satisfactory Guarantor being provided. The Guarantor will need to provide satisfactory references and credit check and will be expected to sign a form to guarantee your legal commitments in the Tenancy.
5. You should provide proof of ID (copy of drivers licence, passport or birth certificate) and 2 proofs of each address given (utility bills, phone bills etc), when submitting this application. Failure to do so could delay your intended occupation date.
DEPOSITS AND RENTS
6. Given satisfactory replies to enquiries you will be offered the Tenancy of the property subject only to the Terms and Conditions of the Tenancy Agreement, payment of deposit and agreed advance of rent, and the payment of all administration costs.
7. If rents and deposits are paid by cheque we must have at least 7 banking days for clearance of that cheque.
8. The deposit acts as security for the performance of your obligations as a Tenant under the Tenancy Agreement. This deposit will be returned to you at the end of the Tenancy term without interest and subject do any deductions that may be necessary to compensate the landlord for any breach of the Tenancy Agreement.
9. Should you wish to keep a pet at the property and the Landlord is agreeable in principle, you will be required to pay an additional deposit of £120 for each pet, which will be added to the house deposit to meet certain criteria.
10. All property rents quoted are exclusive of utilities and council tax (unless otherwise stated).