TENANT FEES (revised June 2020)
In addition to paying the rent, you may also be required to make the following payments permitted under the Tenant Fees Act 2019.
Before the tenancy starts (payable to Belvoir; the Agent):
- Holding Deposit: 1 week’s rent
- Deposit: 5 weeks’ rent
During the tenancy (payable to the Agent):
- Payment of interest for the late payment of rent at a rate of 3% above the base rate of the Bank of England per day on the outstanding amount for more than 14 days
During the tenancy if permitted and applicable:
- Utilities, gas, electricity, water and sewerage
- Communications, telephone and broadband - installation of cable/satellite
- Subscription to cable/satellite supplier
- Television licence
- Council Tax
Other permitted payments
Any other permitted payments, not included above, for breaches of contract or under the relevant legislation including contractual damages.
These may include reasonable costs or losses incurred for loss of keys, security devices and changes to the tenancy agreement or early termination, if the Landlord agrees they can be made, up to the permitted limits.
Lost Keys or Security Devices
- Standard door key: up to £10 inclusive of VAT per key
- Specialist door key: up to £25 inclusive of VAT per key
- Key fob: up to £50 inclusive of VAT per fob or exact cost of the fob as provided by the supplier
- Hourly rate to arrange new keys or security devices - £15 inclusive of VAT per hour
Changes to a Tenancy
Any changes to a tenancy during the tenancy will be charged at £50 inclusive of VAT. Changes include but are not limited to the below:
- Pets to be kept in the Property
- Change of sharer
- Permission to sub-let
- To run a business from the Property
- Any other amendments that alter the obligations of the Agreement
When an early termination from an Agreement is required, the cost of this to the Tenant will be one month’s rent inclusive of VAT (which is in line with our Let Only fee) and rent will continue to be payable until an acceptable replacement tenant has commenced a Tenancy at the property.
Jeffersons Jemnics Ltd T/A Belvoir Welwyn & St Albans is a member of Propertymark and their Client Money Protection scheme. We are also a member of The Property Ombudsman Scheme which is a redress scheme. You can find out more details on our website or by contacting us directly. To see our certificate please click here.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ON OUR FEES, PLEASE ASK A MEMBER OF STAFF.