In addition to paying the rent, you may also be required to make the following payments permitted under the Tenant Fees Act 2019.
Before the tenancy starts (payable to Belvoir ‘the Agent’)
Holding Deposit: Equal to 1 week’s rent
Deposit: Equal to 5 week's rent
During the tenancy (payable to 'the Agent')
Payment of interest for the late payment of rent at a rate of 3% above base rate.
During the tenancy if permitted and applicable
- Payments to change the tenancy (once it has commenced), when requested by the tenant - £50 (including VAT), or reasonable costs incurred if higher
- Utilities – gas, electricity, water and sewerage
- Communications – telephone and broadband
- Installation of cable/satellite
- Subscription to cable/satellite supplier
- Television licence
- Council Tax
Other permitted payments
Any other permitted payments, not included above, for breaches of contract or under the relevant legislation including contractual damages. These may include reasonable costs or losses incurred for loss of keys, security devices and changes to the tenancy agreement or early termination, if the Landlord agrees they can be made, up to the permitted limits.
Belvoir Waterlooville is a member of the National Federation of Property Professionals (NFOPP) Client Money Protection Scheme. To view our certificate please, click here.
Belvoir Waterlooville is a member of The Property Ombudsman, which is a redress scheme. You can find out more details on our website or by contacting us directly.