At Belvoir Thanet we believe that being fair and transparent about our fees is the only way to do business.
Once you have viewed a property and decide to apply, we require completion of our application form by each tenant applying with payment of the requisite Application Referencing Fees below to hold the property whilst we conduct the comprehensive credit and referencing process. We require 2 forms of identification per tenant, 1 of which is to be photographic proof of ID plus proof of their current address, such as a utility bill that is less than 3 months old.
- First applicant's referencing fee: £90.00 incl VAT
- Each additional applicant's referencing fee: £60.00 incl VAT
- Guarantor referencing and Agreement fee: £60.00 incl VAT (where applicable)
- Pet Schedule and Agreement Fee (per pet): £60.00 (incl VAT)
The Application Referencing Fee is only refundable if the Landlord withdraws the property.
Acceptance of an application does not constitute an offer of a tenancy; references will be taken up by an independent company with your employers, bankers and previous Landlord if applicable.
On receipt of satisfactory references, your request will be forwarded to the Landlord for acceptance and if accepted, you will be offered a Tenancy. You will then be required to pay additional monies on the signing of the Tenancy Agreement. These are as follows:
- Your first month's rental amount.
- Your Deposit (Bond) including any additional pet element, which will be registered with the DPS for your protection.
- Your Tenants Administration Fee for your element of the Agreement, Inventory & Schedule of Condition and Check-In Documents. This fee is payable per property and varies depending on the rental amount as detailed below:
- Rent up to £500.00 p.c.m.: £120.00 incl VAT
- Rent £501.00 to £749.00 p.c.m.: £150.00 incl VAT
- Rent over £750.00 p.c.m.: £180.00 incl VAT
This final amount is to be paid and received into our account in cleared funds such as Internet Bank Transfer, a Banker Draft, Building Society cheque or cash by your move in day. We are unable to accept personal or company cheques, unless paid 7 days in advance to allow the funds to clear.
We do not accept credit card or debit card payments.
Please be aware that all Tenancies will be Joint and Several Assured Shorthold Tenancies for a minimum period of 6 months.
The Tenancy can usually be renewed for a further period; the charge for a renewal Agreement is £60.00 incl VAT and is charged per agreement. If you wish to continue on a rolling periodic there is no charge.
Additional Tenancy Administration Charges (payable per occurence)
- Duplicate Tenancy Agreements = £18
- Duplicate Inventories = £18
- Duplicate Rent Statements (free if emailed) = £18
- Non-cancellation of Standing Order at the end of the tenancy = £18
- Late Payment of Rent = £18
- Returned Cheques or Standing Orders = £20
- Breach of Terms of Tenancy Letter = £25
(Prices above include VAT)
All properties will usually require a month's rent in advance and a damage deposit that normally equates to a month's rent but some Landlords arrangements may differ.
Client money protection
New Beginnings (IoT) Limited T/A Belvoir Thanet is a member of the NALS client money protection scheme, License No. A4355.
New Beginnings (IoT) Limited T/A Belvoir Thanet is a member of a redress scheme and the name of the scheme is the Property Ombudsman Scheme.
New Beginnings (IoT) Limited T/A Belvoir Thanet is a member the Deposit Protection Service custodial scheme.