Belvoir Current Tenants
We currently do provide an out of hours emergancy repair service unless you have been specially advised of one at move in. Faults are classified as routine or an emergancy. An emergency is something that would endanger life or property unless responded to promptly. If an emergency occurs out of normal office hours, public holidays or otherwise, it should be handled as advised on the tenancy documents at the start of the tenancy. Routine repairs should be reported during normal office hours.
Organising Repairs outside of hours
Please note that you must not authorise repairs to the property or incur any unauthorised expenses without the express permission of the agent, unless an emergency handled by you in accordance with the tenancy agreement. The cost of any work authorised by you or someone acting on your behalf conducted without our agreement or in accordance with the tenancy agreement may not be reimbursed.
OUT OF NORMAL OFFICE HOURS EMERGENCY ENQUIRIES
EMERGENCY REQUESTS. Definition of an Emergency that may require immediate attention: Where lives or health are at risk or there is serious risk to the property. Permanent repairs may be carried out at a later date - the priority is to ensure safety.The following problems are examples of the type of situation that would be considered as emergencies:
- total loss of electric power;
- unsafe, broken or missing electrical fitting (not simply defective) comprising a dangerous fault that is immediately life threatening;
- total loss of gas supply;
- gas leak on the property side of the meter;
- blocked, damaged or defective flue to an open fire or gas appliance;
- total loss of space heating or water heating (between 1 November and 31 March only) for those with special needs such as disabled, young baby etc;
- blocked toilet pan if only one in house, soil stack or blocked foul drain;
- leak from a water supply pipe, heating pipe, tank or cistern;
- Securing the property, eg, doors, windows after a burglary OR boarding up a broken window or door;
- loss of heating or hot water in housing for the elderly.
- 999 for Police, ambulance or fire service.
- Numbers and guidance provided where applicable.
- Utility companies emergency/helpline numbers.
- Customer Care Emergency Helpline policy number for new/insured properties.
- Preferred Contractors as listed below.
- Belvoir Office – not manned 24 hours
Local tradesman we use for routine and emergency repairs include:
RPA Joinery Rob Allen - 07801060589 (Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire only)