In addition to paying the rent, you may also be required to make the following payments permitted under the Tenant Fees Act 2019.
Before the tenancy starts (payable to Belvoir Tadley and Hook ‘the Agent’)
- Holding Deposit: 1 week’s rent
- Deposit: 5 weeks rent for tenancies with a total annual rent of less than £50,000. 6 weeks rent for tenancies with a total annual rent of £50,000 or more.
During the tenancy (payable to the Agent)
For English properties:
Payment of interest for the late payment of rent at a rate of 3% over Bank of England base rate once rent is 14 days overdue.
During the tenancy if permitted and applicable
- Utilities – gas, electricity, water and sewerage
- Communications – telephone and broadband
- Installation of cable/satellite
- Subscription to cable/satellite supplier
- Television licence
- Council Tax
Other permitted payments
Any other permitted payments, not included above, for breaches of contract or under the relevant legislation including contractual damages. These may include reasonable costs or losses incurred for loss of keys, security devices and changes to the tenancy agreement or early termination, if the Landlord agrees they can be made, up to the permitted limits.
Belvoir Tadley and Hook is a member of SAFEAGENT CMP (registration number A5306), which is a client money protection scheme, and also a member of The Property Ombudsman, which is a redress scheme. To view our certificate, please click here. You can find out more details on our website or by contacting us directly.
Company Lets and other Contractual Tenancies will incur the fees for the items above and an additional £500+VAT (£600 INC VAT) application fee.