Tenant Fees post 1st June 2019 (please see below)
Before the tenancy starts (payable to Belvoir Lettings Sunderland ‘the Agent’)
Holding Deposit: 1 week’s rent
Deposit: 5 Weeks
During the tenancy (payable to the Agent)
For English properties:
Payment of interest for the late payment of rent at a rate of 3% over the Bank of England Base Rate calculated from the date the payment was due up until the date payment is received.
During the tenancy if permitted and applicable
- Utilities – gas, electricity, water and sewerage
- Communications – telephone and broadband
- Installation of cable/satellite
- Subscription to cable/satellite supplier
- Television licence
- Council Tax
Other permitted payments
Any other permitted payments, not included above, for breaches of contract or under the relevant legislation including contractual damages. These may include reasonable costs or losses incurred for loss of keys/fobs, security devices and parking permits charged at the replacement cost plus £15.00 (Inc VAT) per hour for the time taken to administer the replacement. Changes to the tenancy agreement may be charged up to the permitted limits, fees also apply to early termination if the landlord agrees to this.
Changes to tenancy agreement up to £50.00 (inc VAT)
Belvoir Lettings Sunderland is a member of Safeagent Client Money Protection Scheme, which is a client money protection scheme, and also a member of The Property Ombudsman, which is a redress scheme. To view our certificate, please click here. You can find out more details on our website or by contacting us directly.
Tenant Fees for pre 1st June 2019 Tenancies
Explanation of our tenant fees permitted under the Tenant Fees Act 2019 transitional provisions, where fees are written into existing tenancy agreements. These apply to all tenancy agreements granted or signed and executed before 31st May 2019, and can be charged up until 31st May 2020
We're open and transparent with our Tenant Fees, which we always try to keep to a reasonable level.
Our Tenancy Application Fee for a typical tenancy is £200 (inc VAT) for the first applicant and £50 for every subsequent applicant or guarantor.
Our Tenancy Application Fee covers the cost of our comprehensive referencing plus the preparation of a detailed inventory (which is for both the landlords and tenants protection to accurately record the condition of the property at the start of the tenancy) and to cover our administration time in producing all of the legal tenancy documentation.
Check out individual property listings as we do occasionally have reduced Application Fee offers on certain properties.
Unlike other competitors we don't charge check out fees or charge you to provide references to your next landlord or agent if you do choose to leave one of our properties.
Our full list of Tenant Fees is as follows:
MID-TENANCY TENANT FEES (ONLY CHARGED AS REQUIRED)
- Duplicate Tenancy Agreement = £10.00 (inc VAT)
- Colour Copy of signed Inventory = £20.00 (inc VAT)
- Returned cheque or Standing Order = £20.00 (inc VAT)
- Late rent chase letter = £30.00 (inc VAT) we will initially chase late rent via email, phone & text – we will only write if there is no response / payment after 7 days
- Cash or card processing fee = £10.00 (inc VAT) where a rent payment is made in cash or on a card rather than by Standing Order
- Breach of tenancy letter = £30.00 (inc VAT)
- Re-referencing Fee prior to renewal of Fixed Term = £50.00 (inc VAT) per person – this will not be needed if the initial Fixed Term tenancy rolls onto a Statutory Periodic Tenancy, as we recommend under most circumstances
- Tenancy renewal fee = £60.00 (inc VAT) if requested by Tenant - not charged if initial the Fixed Term tenancy rolls onto a Statutory Periodic Tenancy, as we recommend under most circumstances
POST TENANCY TENANT FEES (ONLY CHARGED AS REQUIRED)
- Non cancellation of Standing Order / Rent Refund Admin Fee = £30.00 (inc VAT) per refund
Please feel free to give us a call on 0191 567 8577 if you have any questions regarding our Tenant Fees.