In addition to paying the rent, you may also be required to make the following payments permitted under the Tenant Fees Act 2019.
Before the Tenancy Starts (Payable to Belvoir Stratford ‘the Agent’)
Holding Deposit: 1 Week’s Rent
Security Deposit: 5 Weeks of Deposit Under the Tenant Fees Act 2019
During the Tenancy (Payable to the Agent)
Payment of interest for the late payment of rent at a rate of 3% over the Bank of England Base Rate.
During the Tenancy, if Permitted & Applicable
- Utilities – Council Tax, Gas, Electricity, Water and Sewerage
- Communications – Telephone and Broadband
- Installation of Cable/Satellite
- Subscription to Cable/Satellite Supplier
- Television License
Other Permitted Payments
Any other permitted payments, not included above, for breaches of contract or under the relevant legislation including contractual damages. These may include
- Reasonable Costs or Losses Incurred for Loss of Keys
- Security Devices
- Changes to the Tenancy Agreement or
- Early Termination (if the Landlord agrees they can be made, up to the permitted limits)
Belvoir Stratford is a member of SafeAgent, a client money protection scheme, and also a member of The Property Ombudsman which is a redress scheme. You can find out more details on our website or by contacting us directly.
To view our Safeagent Client Money Protection certificate, please click here.