Jeffersons Jemnics Ltd T/A Belvoir Welwyn and St Albans is an ARLA Licensed Member
Client Money Protection (CMP) provided by ARLA
Independent Redress provided by The Property Ombudsman
Revised March 2018
LETTING ONLY SERVICE - 12% of the first 6 months’ rent inc vat (10% + vat)
This service is subject to a minimum charge of £540.00 inc vat (£450.00 + vat) and full payment is due at the start of the Tenancy.
- Advise on current market conditions and preparation of the property for rental
- Erect board outside of the property in accordance with Town and Country Planning Act 1990
- Discuss non-resident tax status and HMRC (if relevant)
- Provide guidance on compliance with statutory provisions and letting consents
- Market the property and advertise on relevant portals
- Carry out accompanied viewings (as appropriate)
- Negotiate offers and take up references
- Prepare and submit Tenancy Agreement (additional fee applies see below)
- Collect and hold the dilapidations deposit as stakeholder in our client account
- Register deposit as required (additional fee applies see below)
- Provide tenant with method of rental payment
- Receive and remit the first months rental
- Deduct any pre-tenancy invoices.
RENT COLLECTION SERVICE - 12% of the rent inc vat (10% + vat)
Includes the LETTING SERVICE:
- Collect monthly rent and remit monies to landlord on a monthly basis less any fees or expenses due or incurred for the period
- Providing monthly account statements for the property by electronic means
- Pursue non-payment of rent and provide advice on rent arrears actions
- Make any necessary payments to HMRC (if applicable) on behalf of a landlord to comply with the Non-Resident Landlord Scheme and file returns as required.
MANAGEMENT SERVICE - Ranges between 12% of the rent inc vat (10% + vat) and 16.8% of the rent inc vat (14% + vat)*
Includes the LETTING and RENT COLLECTION SERVICES
- Carry out two property visits annually
- Arrange routine repairs and instruct approved contractors
- Arrange payment of contractor invoices
- Hold keys throughout the tenancy term
- Advise all relevant utility providers of changes.
*Our Management fee is due for the term of the Tenancy including any renewals or extensions. Payment of this fee is paid monthly through rent funds collected.
ADDITIONAL OPTIONAL AND NON-OPTIONAL FEES AND CHARGES
Prepare and submit Tenancy Agreement (landlords share)£96.00 inc vat (£80.00 + vat)
- Includes contract negotiation (amending and agreeing terms).
Deposit Registration Fee:£50.40 inc vat (£42.00 + vat)
- Register landlord and tenant details and protect the security deposit with a Government-authorized Scheme
- Provide the tenant(s) with the Deposit Certificate and Prescribed Information within 30 days of start of tenancy.
Inventory 'Make and Check in' fees:Available upon request
- Sliding scale. These costs can vary subject to accommodation, furnished or unfurnished, term of tenancy and additional rooms. Approximateexample costs are as follows:
Inventory Make - Unfurnished one bedroom flat £158.40 inc vat (£132.00 + vat) Unfurnished 3 bedroom house £207.60 inc vat (£173.00 + vat)
Inventory Check-in - Unfurnished one bedroom flat £75.60 inc vat (£63.00 + vat) Unfurnished 3 bedroom house £99.60 inc vat (£83.00 + vat)
Abortive Tenancy fee (should you not wish to proceed with a tenancy following acceptance of an offer)£390.00 inc vat (£325.00 + vat) plus the tenants/guarantors referencing costs
£69.00 inc vat (£57.50 + vat)
Renewal Fee (landlords share)
- Review rent
- Contract negotiation
- Prepare addendum renewal agreement.
Additional property visits (including vacant periods)£36.00 inc vat per visit (£30.00 + vat)
- To attend for specific requests such as neighbor disputes; more visits are required to monitor the tenancy; or any maintenance-linked visit.
(for managed properties only. Not available to other service levels)£42.00 per hour inc vat (£35.00 + vat)
Issuing Notices£96.00 inc vat (£80.00 + vat)
- Section 13 Rent Increase & Section 21.
Obtaining mortgagee or superior landlord written consent
(if applicable)£62.40 inc vat (£52.00 + vat)
Key cutting service (including vacant periods)£6.00 inc vat (£5.00 + vat)
Deposit adjudication preparation of documentation£90.00 inc vat (£75.00 + vat)
Submission of non-resident landlord receipts to HMRC
(if applicable)£60.00 per quarter inc vat (£50.00 + vat)
Up to 12% (10% + vat)on invoices raised
Contractors monitoring referral fee
Waiting time at properties£42.00 per hour inc vat (£35.00 + vat)
- To attend property when keys cannot be released to a contractor or surveyor.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ON OUR FEES, PLEASE ASK A MEMBER OF STAFF