Selling Your Property in Sheffield
- Multi award winning office
- Local expertise with a national high visibility brand network of 160 offices
- Significant sales estate agency experience
- Established in 2006 we now dominate the rental market in Sheffield
- High energy motivated, results focussed and trained staff
- In depth local knowledge and expert advice
- Exceptional property marketing including Rightmove, Zoopla and many other leading portals
- Director Involvement and dedicated account manager to give you a named point of contact through to completion
- FREE accompanied viewings with a knowledgeable Belvoir staff member
- 5 star service
- National database of over 20,000 buyers
- Strategic social media campaigns
- Quality professional photographs
- High visibility on Google searches
- Email marketing
- Regular blogs keeping you up to date with the market
- Professional brochures and floor plans
- Independent full market mortgage advice
- Excellent conveyancing support
- Member of The Property Ombudsman
Call us on 0114 2525215 for a FREE market appraisal.
The Belvoir Sheffield Property Sales Process
1. Accurate Valuation
Our aim is to get you the best possible price for your property and complete the sale to your time scale. We have experienced valuers with expertise and extensive knowledge of the local areas to provide an accurate valuation. We give you a realistic and achievable valuation, over valuing to try and impress doesn’t help anyone so we will leave that to some of the others!!
2. Choosing the RIGHT Estate Agent
When deciding which estate agent, it is important to take into consideration, how hard they will work, local knowledge, experience, the brand, and how they will market your property. These factors can be highly influential in obtaining the maximum exposure and price for your property. However the single most important aspect is the people you will be dealing with and the commitment and communication.
3. Appointing a Solicitor
The successful sale of your property can be reliant on the instruction of an efficient and experienced solicitor. If you don’t have a preferred solicitor we can recommend local solicitors who we work with regularly which will ensure a smooth and quick transaction.
4. Presenting Your Property
It is imperative that your property looks its best for the viewings in order to maximise the chances of a quick successful sale.
If there are any DIY tasks that need doing ensure these are done before the viewings. If the property is looking a little tired apply a fresh coat of paint where needed and de-clutter to make the property appear more spacious.
Belvoir Sheffield use professional photographers, and floor plans and are experts at writing property descriptions in order to market your property at its best.
5. Marketing Your Property
For a successful sale maximum exposure across a wide range of media will ensure we find the perfect buyer for you property.
Belvoir Sheffield will market your property on leading portals such as Rightmove, Zoopla and many more.
6. Accompanied Viewings
We operate accompanied viewings with a knowledgeable Belvoir Sheffield representative to ensure that an experienced advisor is on hand to answer any queries the buyer may have in order to assist the sale.
7. Getting an Offer
The moment an offer is received your dedicated Belvoir Sheffield team member will notify you both verbally and in writing.
If there are any special conditions of the offer these will be stated in writing and we will check the buyer's ability to proceed before you decide whether to accept the offer.
8. Offer Agreed
Once you accept an offer we will do the following:
- Prepare a memorandum of sale
- Write to all parties to confirm the agreed price
- Ask you to confirm your solicitor's details
Your solicitor will send out a draft contract to the buyer's solicitor who will then carry out preliminary enquiries. Following this you will also be able to agree on dates for the survey on your property, exchange of contracts and proposed date for completion.
We will advise you and negotiate on your behalf throughout this process, keeping you constantly informed.
Until the contracts are signed there are no legal obligations.
The exchange of contracts occurs when the following have been confirmed and agreed:
- Preliminary enquiries following receipt of draft contract
- Evidence of a good title
- Specific issues highlighted in the Lease, if applicable
- Local search queries
- Fixtures and fittings to be included in the sale
- The buyer's mortgage offer
The formal exchange of contracts agrees the terms of the sale and makes them legally binding on both you and the buyer. The deposit will then be transferred from your solicitors account to the buyer’s solicitor’s account. Once this has happened then a completion date will be agreed.
When the remaining money has been transferred from the buyer’s solicitor to your solicitor the purchase is complete.
You will receive a call from your solicitor when the money has cleared in your account and they will inform us to release the keys.Congratulations, your property is now sold!