1. Tenant Information
Viewings take place in our opening times 09.00 - 17.00. Out of hours appointments are available on request.
A comprehensive photographic and written report undertaken prior to move in to show the condition of the property. This is done to protect both Landlord and Tenant in case of any future disputes.
Tailor made insurance products available for contents and indemnity insurance. Ask our Lettings Manager for more info!
We are open to applications from tenants in receipt of Local Housing Allowance subject to us having the consent from the landlord that owns the property you are interested in.
Applicants will be asked if they have a relative or friend who will stand as guarantor. Depending on the applicants circumstances we may require the guarantor to pay the rent monthly in advance directly to us. Applicants can arrange for the LHA payment to be paid to their guarantor once they have received it. If the applicant doesn’t have a guarantor we may (subject to contract) agree for the LHA payments to be made to a credit union for onward payment to us.
We may request to visit and check the applicants current home. We will want to speak to (or visit) the applicants current landlord (or agent) and find out why the applicant is moving and how they have conducted themselves during the tenancy.
Our properties are advertised on Rightmove, Zoopla, Belvoir National Network as well as across our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
Belvoir Oldham are proud members of the Safeagent Scheme. This is a Government funded scheme for accreditation and registration of professional lettings agents. You can be confident that matters arising during your tenancy with Belvoir will be dealt with professionally and promptly.
All deposits paid to Belvoir will be secured with the government approved Deposit Protection Service (DPS) to ensure peace of mind throughout your tenancy.
2. Application Fees
From 1st June 2019 following the Tenant Fee Act 2019 you will no longer need to pay application fees.
However you may be required to make the following payments:
A maximum of 1 weeks rent to secure a rental property.
- The holding deposit will be returned if: the tenancy goes ahead, or it can be used as part payment of the first month's rental payment.
- The holding deposit will be returned if: the tenancy does not go ahead due to the landlord backing out.
- The holding deposit will not be returned if: the prospective tenant back outs.
- The holding deposit will not be returned if: the prospective tenant fails Right to Rent checks.
- The holding deposit will not be returned if: the prospective tenant has provided false of misleading information.
- The holding deposit will not be returned if: the prospective tenant fails to provide the relevant information/identification for move in within 15 days.
Late Rental Payment Interest
If a tenant is late with their rental maybe the agent is permitted to charge interest of this outstanding balance of up to 3% above the Bank of England base rate.
For example, as of May 2019 the current base rate is 0.75%, therefore the agent may charge up to 3.75% interest on any rental arrears.
Other Permitted Fees
Damages caused by breaches of contract.
Loss of Keys/Fobs etc.
Changes to tenancy agreement request by tenant with permission of the landlord.
Early termination of contract.
Third party payments such as Council Tax, TV Licence etc.
3. Contact Information
General Enquiries - please contact the office on 0161 626 5501 or email email@example.com
Maintenance Issues - Report it on FixFlo by Clicking Here
Emergencies - To be clear on what is deemed an emergency;
- Major water leaks that results in flooding or no water at all
- No electric with young children
- Gas leaks (please contact National Grid – 0800 111 999 directly)
If you do have an emergency please follow the following steps:
- Call the office - 0161 626 5501
- If no answer, Call the out of hours emergency number (redirects to mobile) - 0161 626 5501
- If no answer, Leave a voicemail with details of the emergency and the best number to call you back on
Office Number - 0161 626 5501
Out of Hours Emergency Number - 07483 105 286
Please Note: If the job isn't in the above categories and you instruct our emergency contractors the cost difference between the job in working hours and what it costs for the emergency call out may be invoiced to you.
4. Right To Rent
From the 1st of February 2016 the 'Right to Rent' government scheme will come into effect. This requires all Agents to check the documents of prospective tenants when applying for a rental property.
When coming to view a property with Belvoir Oldham we ask that you bring with you the appropriate document(s) in case you wish to proceed with an application. The simplest way to conform with the regulation is to bring a valid British or EU passport with you. If you do not have a passport, please contact a member of staff who can advise on alternative documents.
5. Tenant Protection
New Pads on The Rock Ltd T/A Belvoir Bury/Oldham is a member of Safeagent / SafeAgent which is a Client Money Protection Scheme, and also a member of The Property Ombudsman redress scheme. To view our certificate, please click here.