Tenant Fees post 1st June 2019 (please see below)
In addition to paying the rent, you may also be required to make the following payments permitted under the Tenant Fees Act 2019.
Before the tenancy starts (payable to [Belvoir Nottingham West] ‘the Agent’)
Holding Deposit: 1 week’s rent
Deposit: [Equal to 5 weeks rent] or Our Let Alliance 0% deposit scheme if chosen
During the tenancy (payable to the Agent)
For English properties:
Payment of interest for the late payment of rent at a rate of 3% above base rate.
During the tenancy if permitted and applicable
- Utilities – gas, electricity, water and sewerage
- Communications – telephone and broadband
- Installation of cable/satellite
- Subscription to cable/satellite supplier
- Television licence
- Council Tax
Other permitted payments
Any other permitted payments, not included above, for breaches of contract or under the relevant legislation including contractual damages. These may include reasonable costs or losses incurred for loss of keys, security devices and changes to the tenancy agreement or early termination, if the Landlord agrees they can be made, up to the permitted limits.
Belvoir Nottingham West is a member of Safe Agent, which is a client money protection scheme, and also a member of [The Property Ombudsman], which is a redress scheme. You can find out more details on our website or by contacting us directly.
Tenant Fees for pre 1st June 2019 Tenancies
Explanation of our tenant fees permitted under the Tenant Fees Act 2019 transitional provisions, where fees are written into existing tenancy agreements. These apply to all tenancy agreements granted or signed and executed before 31st May 2019, and can be charged up until 31st May 2020
Why should I rent from Belvoir Lettings Nottingham West?
At Belvoir we believe in full transparency of all fees. We have outlined below a full list of fees/charges that may be payable by a tenant.
All fees are non-refundable, however, if the application passes the credit & referencing checks and the landlord declines to proceed, a full refund will be made.
If an application is found to be fraudulent/misleading, no fees will be refunded.
These fees are broken down into the following (ALL VAT inclusive):
- Tenancy Agreement & conveyancing £210
- Check in inventory £0.00
- Check out inventory £60.00
- Guarantor fee: (where Applicable £120.00)
- Tenancy Renewal Fee £75.00
- Replacement Keys £ (charged at cost)
- Rent Arrears Letter £25
- Copies of Tenancy Agreements £25
- Company tenancy application & referencing £360 incl. Vat
This is the fee at Belvoir Nottingham West branch and not indicative of the fees at any other Belvoir branches.
Full details on our Guide for Tenants which you will receive before you apply for the property
- FREE to register with Belvoir Property Management, just notify us today with your requirements
- Belvoir manage a comprehensive range of quality properties
- Appointment times that are convenient to the tenant.
- Tenancy agreement is prepared under current legislation
- Viewings are accompanied
- We only manage properties of high standards that meet all of today’s safety regulations e.g. gas appliances, electrical safety and fire safety for furniture and soft furnishings
- All deposits/bonds are held with the Deposit Protection Service
- Belvoir will professionally manage the relationship between the tenant and the landlord
- A DVD and written inventory including statement of conditions.
- Belvoir can also offer introduce competitive contents insurance underwritten by Endsleigh Insurance
- We offer a superb Internet listing of properties with digital photographs to help you make the right choice of property
- Due to our online credit and referencing service we are able to give you a very quick response to your application
- Our Lets With Pets scheme allows you to take your favourite companion with you!
- Fast response with dedicated & qualified contractors to sort all maintenance issues
Take a look at our properties or give us a call on 0115 975 6144.
We Hold client money protection through Safeagent. To view our certificate, please click here.