Landlords Services and Fees
We operate at the better end of the Northampton lettings market, offering decent properties owned by concientious landlords to professional tenants. Nearly all of our stock is in postcodes NN1 to NN5 and we tend to work with landlords who understand their legal responsibilites and wish to discharge them.
Our lettings team is based at our Victoria Promenade offices in the town centre.
At a general level we offer 3 main services:
- finding a tenant, and setting up a tenancy that you then manage.
- finding a tenant, and setting up a tenancy where we collect the rent but you do everything else.
- finding a tenant, and setting up a tenancy that we then manage without any involvement from you.
We differ from other local agencies by doing far more in terms of:
- getting your property ready for a tenancy (we can deal with small jobs through to whole house refurbishment)
- buy-to-let advice - we help a number of people each year find the right property to buy.
- sorting out problem tenancies you have already - if you're in a pickle, call us!
- selling properties WITH TENANTS IN to new investors.
Like every other agent in Northampton we charge FEES to landlords. We try and operate a simple pricing structure as follows. All fees EXCLUDE VAT.
- To set up a tenancy that you then manage: £450.00
- To set up a tenancy that we manage, or on which we collect rent: £250.00
- To fully manage a tenancy on a monthly basis, 11% of the rent.
- To collect rent only on a monthly basis, 6% of the rent.
- For preparing a formal check in report or inventory, £80.00
- For guaranteeing rental payment and covering the cost of tenant eviction, £150 per annum.
- NO CHARGE for tenancy renewal, deposit registration, duplicate statements, property inspections, etc
- NO MAINTENANCE DEDUCTIONS without prior authorisation except in a dire emergency.
- NO FORMAL COMMISSIONS TAKEN from maintenance contractors.
When comparing lettings agencies it's important to compare the TOTAL cost - there are plenty out there who quote a low %, then supplement it with a host of additional fees which mean you end up paying far more overall. We have a PRICE MATCH GUARANTEE with any other local regulated agent - if they offer you a better all in price we'll match it.
We're more than happy to email information regarding our services and answer questions that landlords may have, or to visit you for a market appraisal.
Questions? GET IN TOUCH by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 01604 621621.
We hold Client Money Protection Insurance (CMP) via the ARLA scheme.