Tenant Fees post 1st June 2019 (please see below)
In addition to paying the rent, you may also be required to make the following payments permitted under the Tenant Fees Act 2019.
Before the tenancy starts (payable to Belvoir Newbury ‘the Agent’).
Holding Deposit: 1 week’s rent.
Deposit: 5 weeks' rent.
During the tenancy (payable to the Agent).
Payment of interest for the late payment of rent at a rate of 3% over the Bank of England base rate.
Other permitted payments.
Replacement of keys or other security devices, at cost.
Changes to the Tenancy at the Tenants' request - £50 inc VAT.
Belvoir Newbury is a member of SAFEAGENT, which is a client money protection scheme, and also a member of The Property Ombudsman, which is a redress scheme. You can find out more details on our website or by contacting us directly.
Tenant Fees for pre 1st June 2019 Tenancies
Explanation of our tenant fees permitted under the Tenant Fees Act 2019 transitional provisions, where fees are written into existing tenancy agreements. These apply to all tenancy agreements granted or signed and executed before 31st May 2019, and can be charged up until 31st May 2020
There is no fee for a renewal of tenancy.
Letters chasing missed payments will be charged at £24 inc VAT.
Letters regarding breaches of the tenancy agreement will be charged at £24 inc VAT.
Re-let fees in the event of early termination £360 inc VAT.
If post-tenancy repairs are due to negligence or deliberate damage, an arrangement fee of 10% of repair bills will be charged.
Ombudsman, Client Money Protection.
- Belvoir Newbury is a member of NALS.
- Belvoir Newbury is registered as a SAFEAgent.
- Belvoir Newbury subscribes to NALS Client Money Protection Scheme.
- Belvoir Newbury received all client moneys to a statutory trust client account.
- Belvoir Newbury registers all deposits with the DPS custodial scheme or the TDS custodial scheme.
- Belvoir Newbury is a member of The Property Ombudsman Scheme.