Tenant Fees post 1st June 2019
In addition to paying the rent, you may also be required to make the following payments permitted under the Tenant Fees Act 2019.
Before the tenancy starts (payable to Belvoir Newark ‘the Agent’)
Holding Deposit: 1 week’s rent
Deposit: 5 weeks rent
During the tenancy (payable to the Agent)
Payment of interest for the late payment of rent at a rate of 3% above the Bank of England base rate
- During the tenancy if permitted and applicable
- Utilities – gas, electricity, water and sewerage
- Communications – telephone and broadband
- Installation of cable/satellite
- Subscription to cable/satellite supplier
- Television licence
- Council Tax
Other permitted payments
Any other permitted payments, not included above, for breaches of contract or under the relevant legislation including contractual damages. These may include reasonable costs or losses incurred for loss of keys, security devices and changes to the tenancy agreement or early termination, if the Landlord agrees they can be made, up to the permitted limits.
Belvoir Newark is a member of ARLA and has Propertymark Client Money Protection, which is a client money protection scheme, and also a member of TPO which is a redress scheme. You can find out more details on our website or by contacting us directly.
Tenant Fees for pre 1st June 2019 Tenancies
Explanation of our tenant fees permitted under the Tenant Fees Act 2019 transitional provisions, where fees are written into existing tenancy agreements. These apply to all tenancy agreements granted or signed and executed before 31st May 2019, and can be charged up until 31st May 2020
- Late rent is charged @ 3% above the bank of England base rate of inflation
- Key replacement £ 50.00 inc VAT
- Changes to contracts £ 75.00 inc VAT
- Change of sharer £ 75.00 inc VAT
- Permitted occupier £ 75.00 inc VAT
- Surrender of Tenancy £360.00 inc VAT
We hold Client Money Protection through ARLA Propertymark. To view our certificate, please click here.