Tenants - Application Process
Here is a brief summary of what happens if you would like to apply for a property to let in Mansfield (please be aware some application processes may differ from what is outlined below as this is dependant on each persons circumstances).
Viewing The Property
Before you can apply for any of our properties you must have physically been to see it with one of our negotiators. There are several ways you can book to view a property;
- Call the office on 01623 427 777 (24/7 telephone line) or email email@example.com to book a viewing
- Come and see us at the office located at 20 Albert St, Mansfield NG18 1EB
- Use the property portals (Rightmove & Belvoir) to send an enquiry
Please be aware as some of our properties will still be tenanted so we do have to allow 48 hours notice to be given to the tenant prior to a viewing.
Firstly you will need to pay an application fee (please see fees page for a breakdown of costs). We will need you to pay this fee before we can start any of your referencing or consider you as an applicant. (Please be aware this fee is non-refundable)
All involved parties will be sent a link to their individual online application form after coming into the office to show their identification. We will require We will also require x1 proof of photographic ID and x2 proofs of current address for all parties involved in the application and we will need these before we can move you into the property in order to satisfy our ‘Right to Rent’ checks. A list of what we can accept for these proofs of identification is available at our office and on the rear of the viewing card.
We usually carry out 3 references (dependant on each individuals circumstances). These are; credit check, employer’s reference and landlord reference. We will contact you to confirm we have completed the referencing process.
Once we have received satisfactory references* back we will contact you to arrange a move in date and time that is convenient for you. You will come to our office to pay your rent and deposit as well as sign your tenancy agreement and collect the keys!* To achieve the minimum pass level every tenant applicant should respectively achieve:
- A positive credit check pass in line with Let Alliance criteria
- A positive employment reference
- A positive income to rent ratio (affordability)
- A positive previous landlord reference if appropriate
- Correct proof of address and identity
- Aged 18 or over (Under 21s require a guarantor)