Tenant Fees post 1st June 2019 (please see below)
In addition to paying the rent, you may also be required to make the following payments permitted under the Tenant Fees Act 2019.
Before the tenancy starts (payable to [Belvoir Mansfield] ‘the Agent’)
Holding Deposit: 1 week’s rent
Deposit: [Equal to 5 weeks rent] or Our Let Alliance 0% deposit scheme if chosen
During the tenancy (payable to the Agent)
For English properties:
Payment of interest for the late payment of rent at a rate of 3%
During the tenancy if permitted and applicable
Utilities – gas, electricity, water and sewerage
Communications – telephone and broadband
Installation of cable/satellite
Subscription to cable/satellite supplier
Other permitted payments
Any other permitted payments, not included above, for breaches of contract or under the relevant legislation including contractual damages. These may include reasonable costs or losses incurred for loss of keys, security devices and changes to the tenancy agreement or early termination, if the Landlord agrees they can be made, up to the permitted limits.
Belvoir Mansfield is a member of Safe Agent, which is a client money protection scheme, and also a member of [The Property Ombudsman], which is a redress scheme. You can find out more details on our website or by contacting us directly.
Tenant Fees for pre 1st June 2019 Tenancies
Explanation of our tenant fees permitted under the Tenant Fees Act 2019 transitional provisions, where fees are written into existing tenancy agreements. These apply to all tenancy agreements granted or signed and executed before 31st May 2019, and can be charged up until 31st May 2020
At Belvoir Mansfield we believe in full transparency of all fees. We have outlined below a full list of fees/charges that may be payable by a tenant.
All fees are non-refundable, however, if the application passes the credit & referencing checks and the landlord declines to proceed, a full refund will be made.
If an application is found to be fraudulent/misleading, no fees will be refunded.
Tenant Fees - Post 1st June 2019
- Holding deposit: Equal to 1 weeks rent
- Dilapidation deposit Equal to 5 weeks rent
- Tenancies with Pets charged at an increased rent of 6%
- Late rent is charged @ £ 3% above the bank of England base rate of inflation
- Key replacement £ 50.00
- Changes to contracts £ 50.00
- Change of sharer £ 75.00
- Permitted occupier £ 75.00
- Surrender of Tenancy £418.80
Tenant Fees - Pre 1st June 2019
- Single occupant £ 250 incl. VAT
- Joint occupants £ 350 incl. VAT
- Company occupant £ 360 incl. VAT
Tenant admin: single: £ 100 multiple: £ 180 company: £ 190
- Credit/Referencing £ 50
- Tenancy agreement drafting: single: £ 50 Company/Multiple: £ 70
- Check in inventory £ 25
- Check out inventory £ 25
- Each additional occupant: £ 75
- Guarantor fee: £ 75
- Tenancy renewal fee £30
- Pet fee £ 60
- Additional fees (incl. VAT):
- Replacement keys £ 30
- Rent arrears letter £ 30
- Standing order not cancelled after end of tenancy £24
- Copies of tenancy agreements £ 36