Are you receiving a professional service from your current letting agent?
We have been approached by a number of Landlords who are unhappy or dissatisfied with their current letting agent, but don't know how to go about moving their property management to us.
If you are a Landlord in a similar situation and would like to switch then why not follow our guide below?
You may think it's too much hassle but we can do most of the work for you - just follow our step-by-step guide!
- Firstly, find out how much notice you are required to give your current agent. This is likely to be 1 or 2 months and should be contained within the Terms of Business you signed. If you cannot find it, simply contact them and ask. Once you have this information, give them the required written notice to end your agreement with them. It will be best if your notice ends on a rent due date as it will make the switching process of the monthly rent payment easier.
- Ideally you will also need contact details for your current tenant(s) which will be on the tenancy agreement, or your existing letting agent will provide them on request.
- You won't even need to make arrangements to collect all the necessary documentation from your existing agent (such as the inventory and gas safety certificate) as we can do this on your behalf.
- Your current tenant will be contacted by us and a meeting will be set up with them at the property to introduce ourselves and to explain the process going forward. This will involve them re-doing their standing order to pay us rather than your existing agent. The timing of this switch will depend on when the notice you give your current agent expires.
- You will be given our paperwork to complete and sign.
- At the point of taking over management, we would usually produce a new tenancy agreement for the tenant to sign. We prefer to issue our own Agreement as we know it conforms to current legislation.
If you would like to have the highest rated* agent in Mansfield managing your property, please call us on 01623 427 777 or email us at email@example.com