At Belvoir Loughborough, we offer three main services for landlords: Full Management, Letting & Rent Collection, and Tenant Find Only. You can find details of all three services below.
Rest assured though that all of our properties are marketed in the same way including being advertised online on the Rightmove, Zoopla and Prime Location websites, to name but a few. We carry out all viewings and apply the same high referencing standards to all applicants, regardless of which service you choose.
Full Management Service
Included in this service we will:
- Initially visit your property to give impartial advice on rent expectation and information on the preparations required to make the property suitable for the rental market.
- Provide specific advice on the letting, legal aspects of letting and general information on mortgage, tax and insurance matters.
- Market your property in the best way to find the right tenants for you. This will include quality photographs, insightful property descriptions and listing on our Belvoir website, Rightmove and Zoopla in addition to erecting one of our eye catching signs and using social media to raise awareness.
- Accompany all viewings and we qualify prospective tenants to ensure their suitability before viewing.
- Once a suitable applicant has been found and you are happy to proceed, we carry out thorough reference checks including financial, employment and past landlord checks as well as a credit check through Experian. This helps us ensure we find you the best tenant possible for your property. Sometimes a guarantor may be recommended and we will ensure all the relevant checks are carried out on the guarantor too.
- Comprise a thorough inventory of your property, detailing and photographing all areas. This is to give an accurate representation of the property upon move-in to ensure that your property is returned in the best condition possible and provides evidence to negotiate any deposit deductions if necessary on your behalf.
- Produce an assured short hold tenancy agreement and check-in the tenants on the agreed date.
- Take and register the deposit through the DPS as required by law. We will also take the first months’ rent. Moving forwards the rent is taken monthly by standing order, paid to your nominated bank account by direct transfer and a statement of account produced.
- Carry out inspections of your property at regular scheduled intervals and report back to you afterwards.
- Deal with any maintenance issues or emergency repairs at the property, so you do not need to worry about being contacted by the tenant with any problems. We have a panel of trusted and reputable tradesmen that we use will either carry out repair or provide a quotation for your consideration.
- Process any notices from the tenant or issue any on behalf of you to the tenant to regain possession of your property and start the whole process again if you are happy to continue renting. We have a great reputation for keeping void periods to a minimum and therefore saving you money.
- When the tenant leaves, we arrange a check-out date with them in order to inspect the property and compare against the initial inventory to ensure your property is returned in the best condition possible.
The monthly cost for this service is 10% of the monthly rent plus VAT. There is also an initial set up fee taken from the first month’s rent of a tenancy of £250+VAT (£300 inc. VAT).
Tenant Find Only Service
For Landlords who are happy to manage their own property, we offer this service that still includes all the marketing and referencing as well as drawing up the tenancy agreement and collecting the first month rent and deposit as above.
Moving forward, you will receive the rent directly from the tenant and they will contact you with any issues. It will be up to you as the landlord to deal with any maintenance at the property.
There is a one off fee of £395+VAT (£474 inc. VAT) for this service which is deducted from the first month’s rent. There is no ongoing monthly charge.
We can carry out these additional services for you at an additional cost: Inventory – from £80+VAT (£96 inc. VAT) dependent on the size of the property / End of Tenancy Check-out - £120+VAT (£144 inc. VAT).
Letting & Rent Collection Service
For those landlords that want something in between the Full Management Service and Tenant Find Service, the Letting & Rent Collection service incorporates all aspects of the above Tenant Find Service and then once the tenant has moved in, we will collect rent from the tenant and provide you with a statement of account. We can also assist with the serving of any notices if required.
The tenants would contact you directly with any maintenance issues and you would be responsible for resolving them.
The monthly cost for this service is 7% of the monthly rent plus VAT. There is also an initial set up fee of £250+VAT (£300 inc. VAT) taken from the first month’s rent.
We can carry out these additional services for you at an additional cost: Inventory – from £80+VAT (£96 inc. VAT) dependent on the size of the property / End of Tenancy Check-out - £120+VAT (£144 inc. VAT) / Twice-yearly property visits - £30+VAT (£36 inc. VAT) per visit.
- Belvoir Rent Guarantee – £165+VAT (£198 inc. VAT). Visit our Belvoir Rent Guarantee page for more information.
- Energy Performance Certificate - £100+VAT (£120 inc. VAT)
- Gas Safety Certificate - £65 to £85 (Dependent on number of gas appliances)
- EICR Electrical Check - £125
- Annual Rent Summary Statements (Not available for Tenant Find Service) - £25+VAT (£30 inc. VAT)
- Submission of NRL return/certificate for overseas landlords (Not available for Tenant Find Service) - £25+VAT (£30 inc. VAT)
- Cancellation of Service where tenant introduced by Belvoir is in situ - £300+VAT (£360 inc. VAT)