We are regularly approached by landlords who are unhappy or dissatisfied with their current letting agent, but don't know how to go about moving their property management to us.
If you are a Landlord in a similar situation and would like to switch then why not follow our guide below? It’s much simpler than you may think and we can do most of the work for you!
Just follow our step-by-step guide.
- Firstly, find out how much notice you are required to give your current agent. This is likely to be 1 or 2 months and should be contained within the Terms of Business you signed. If you cannot find it, simply contact them and ask. Once you have this information, give them the required written notice to end your agreement with them. It will be easiest if your notice ends on a rent due date as it will make the switching process of the monthly rent payment easier.
- Ideally you will also need contact details for the current Tenant which your existing letting agent should provide.
- You won't even need to make arrangements to collect all the necessary documentation from your existing agent (such as the inventory and gas safety certificate) as we can do this on your behalf.
- Your current Tenant will be contacted by us and a meeting will be set up with them at the property to introduce ourselves and to explain the process going forward. This will involve them setting up a new standing order to pay the rent over to us rather than your existing agent. The timing of this switch will depend on when the notice you give your current agent expires.
- You will be given our paperwork to complete and sign.
- At the point of taking over management, we would usually create a new Tenancy Agreement for the Tenant to sign. We prefer to issue our own Agreement as we know that it conforms to current legislation.
It’s as simple as that! If you wish to move your management across to Belvoir then call the office on 01509 260777 and ask for Ellie.