Tenant Fees post 1st June 2019 (please see below)
In addition to paying the rent, you may also be required to make the following payments permitted under the Tenant Fees Act 2019.
Before the tenancy starts (payable to Belvoir Sales & Lettings West Derby ‘the Agent’)
Holding Deposit: 1 week’s rent
Deposit: 5 Week’s rent
During the tenancy (payable to the Agent)
Payment of interest for the late payment of rent at a rate of 3% over the Bank of England Base Rate calculated from the date the payment was due up until the date payment is received.
During the tenancy if permitted and applicable
Utilities – gas, electricity, water and sewerage
Communications – telephone and broadband
Installation of cable/satellite
Subscription to cable/satellite supplier
Other permitted payments
Any other permitted payments, not included above, for breaches of contract or under the relevant legislation including contractual damages. These may include reasonable costs or losses incurred for loss of keys, security devices and changes to the tenancy agreement or early termination, if the Landlord agrees they can be made, up to the permitted limits.
Belvoir Sales & Lettings West Derby is a member of Property Mark which is a client money protection scheme, and also a member of The Property Ombudsman which is a redress scheme. You can find out more details on our website or by contacting us directly on 0151 256 0880
Tenant Fees for pre 1st June 2019 Tenancies
Explanation of our tenant fees permitted under the Tenant Fees Act 2019 transitional provisions, where fees are written into existing tenancy agreements. These apply to all tenancy agreements granted or signed and executed before 31st May 2019, and can be charged up until 31st May 2020
Administration Fees (Payable before Moving into a Property)
- The administration fee is £166.67 plus VAT. This total is £200.00. The administration fee for any additional applicant or a guarantor is £62.50 plus VAT. This total is £75.00. Part or all may be non-refundable.
- Please note that the referencing procedure will not begin until the administration fee is paid in full.
- The move out fee is £37.50 plus VAT. This total is £45.00. This will be deducted from your deposit. (deducted once the tenant has vacated)
- Our VAT Registration number is 864 9413 91. VAT will be calculated at 20%
Arrears and Penalty Charges (Chargeable once Moved into a Property)
- Should rent be late, an arrears letter will be sent to you. Arrears letters carry a penalty charge of £16.67 plus VAT per letter (this totals £20.00) and the charge must be cleared immediately upon receipt of a letter. If the charge is unpaid by the end of the tenancy, it will be deducted from your deposit.
- £5.00 per day will be charged for the 1st seven days that the rent is overdue. After the 1st seven days, overdue rental payments will be subject to interest at the rate of 6% per annum calculated from the date the payment was due up until the date payment is received.
Renewals and Fees (Chargeable once Moved into a Property)
- Should you extend your tenancy on a fixed term or periodic basis, then a renewal fee of £16.67 plus VAT will be charged. This totals £20.00.
- All tenancies maybe subject to an annual rental increase
Other Fees (Chargeable once Moved into a Property)
- A fee of £29.17 plus VAT will be charged for any re-scheduled inspection appointments, due to us being unable to gain access as arranged or due to a second appointment to inspect recommended improvements to bring the property to a satisfactory standard have been acted upon. This totals £35.00 and becomes due when Belvoir attend the property.
- A fee of £29.17 plus VAT will be charged for any call out to the property made by Belvoir upon your specific request. This totals £35.00 and becomes due when Belvoir attend the property. This fee will not apply if the call out is specifically related to a genuine maintenance/repair issue.
- A fee of £33.33 plus VAT will be charged for any re-scheduled contractors appointments, due to them being unable to gain access as arranged. This totals £40.00 becomes due when you receive an invoice.
- All rental payments made with cash will incur an administration fee of £12.50 plus VAT. This totals £15.
- All rental payments made with a debit card will incur an administration fee of £12.50 plus VAT. This totals £15. Payments made with a credit card will incur an additional 2.5% plus vat charge. This totals 3% of the total amount paid on the card.
- A fee of £300 plus VAT will become payable should wish to terminate your tenancy agreement and vacate the property early (subject to permission from your Landlord/Belvoir). This will cover the extra administration and costs incurred by Belvoir. This totals £360. You must be aware you will be liable to pay monthly rent until your agreement is superseded with a new tenancy.
- Please be aware it will be in breach of your tenancy and a chargeable item against your deposit of £100 per meter if you allow a utility provider to install a pre-payment meter of any kind whilst you are a Tenant.
- A fee of £16.67 plus VAT will be charged for providing a landlord reference. This totals £20.
If you are unsure of any fees listed please call our office and we will be happy to fully explain them to you 0151 256 0880.
We hold Client Money Protection Insurance through ARLA. Click here to view our certificate.