Hiring an agency to value and manage your property is a wise decision for such a large investment but it can be overwhelming and confusing.
WHAT ARE MY FIRST STEPS?
You may already have an idea of what your property may achieve or what you would like it to achieve.
We recommend contacting at least three local experienced agencies to assist you in coming to a realistic achievable figure.
Contact us for a free no obligation rental property assessment and evaluation on 0151 430 0041
We will arrange a convenient day and time to meet you at the property. The appointment will typically take up to an hour. We will ask for you to show us around the home and go over any questions or requests you may have.
We will then be able to provide you with a recommended rental value based on all the information obtained.
WHAT ITEMS WILL BELVOIR NEED FROM ME TO LET THE PROPERTY
Full names and contact details of all owners of the property
Copy of ID’s
Consent to Let (If there Is a mortgage you should obtain a consent to let from your mortgage provider)
Proof of ownership
Fully executed terms of business
Property Information Sheet (we will provide this to you, the form will allow us to ensure accuracy on details and essential items)
Energy performance certificate with minimum rating requirements - We can arrange this
Gas Safety Certificate – We can arrange this
Overseas Landlords – Tax Exemption Certificate (ask us for more details)
MARKETING THE PROPERTY FOR RENT
We will now:
- Place a “To Let” sign on the property
- Advertise the property on all relevant marketing portals
- Contact our database of potential applicants
- Place an advertisement in the window of our shop front
- Notify you of and accompany all viewings
- Seek your approval of the prospective tenant and consent to proceed with application
- Thoroughly reference check potential tenants
- Draw up tenancy agreement and ensure compliance with all required legal documentation to new tenants
- Collect all advance monies due from tenant
- Notify Utility companies and council tax authority
- Forward your monies by direct bank transfer to your nominated account
- Provide you with a statement of account
All of the above plus:
- Inventory/Schedule of Condition Report
- Collect due rents, produce rental statements and forward due monies to your nominated bank account
- Carry out property inspections on a regular basis
- Ensure maintenance issues are dealt with swiftly by reputable tradesman (as per your instructions)
- Payments for all repairs up to authorised limits direct from monthly rental income
- notice being received of tenancy termination, we shall re-market your property
At the end of the tenancy we shall:
- Issue the advance legal notices as required
- Advise the tenant of the required ‘Move Out’ procedures
- Carry out the ‘Move Out’ procedures with the tenant in attendance
- Check the property against the inventory / statement of condition
- Organise for the return of the deposit through our designated Tenancy Deposit Scheme
- Record all meter readings and inform the utility providers as necessary
- Hand over the property to you or seek a new tenant as instructed
Charges consist of either a one-off fee or a set up fee and monthly management fee dependent upon the service provided.