Tenant Fees post 1st June 2019 (please see below)
In addition to paying the rent, you may also be required to make the following payments permitted under the Tenant Fees Act 2019.
Before the tenancy starts (payable to Belvoir Lettings Haywards Heath & Burgess Hill):
- Holding Deposit: equivalent of one week’s rent
- Damage Deposit: equivalent of five week’s rent
During the tenancy (payable to the Belvoir Lettings Haywards Heath & Burgess Hill) :
- Payment of interest for the late payment of rent after 14 days from the rent due date, at no more than 3% above the Bank of England’s base rate
During the tenancy (if permitted and applicable):
- Utilities – gas, electricity, water and sewerage
- Communications – telephone and broadband
- Installation of cable/satellite
- Subscription to cable/satellite supplier
- Television licence
- Council Tax
Other permitted payments Any other permitted payments, not included above, for breaches of contract or under the relevant legislation including contractual damages. These may include reasonable costs or losses incurred for loss of keys, security devices and changes to the tenancy agreement or early termination, if the Landlord agrees they can be made, up to the permitted limits.
Tenant Protection - Belvoir Lettings Haywards Heath & Burgess Hill is a member of SafeAgent, which is a client money protection scheme, and also a member of The Property Ombudsman’s which is a redress scheme. You can find out more details on our website or by contacting us directly.
We hold Client Money Protection Insurance through SafeAgent. To view our certificate please click here