With over twenty years experience in residential lettings you can trust us with your tenancy, we are members of ARLA Propertymark, The National Approved Letting Scheme (NALS), The Property Ombudsman and Safe Agent which means as one of our tenants your fully protected.
If you rent a managed property through us you’ll also have peace of mind that your bond will be registered with The Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS) ensuring that no deductions can be made without your consent.
How it works:
- After you’ve viewed the property and decided to go ahead you will need to pay a reservation fee to secure the property. The amount can be found in the fee sub page
- You will then fill in the tenancy application form either on line or paper copy confirming information such as your employment, salary details and current landlord details which will be used by our referencing partner Let Alliance to carry out the required checks. A credit check will also be carried out at this point.
- Once the references are completed a moving in date will be confirmed, tenancy agreements along with an invoice detailing what you will need to pay will be drawn up and sent to you in advance so you can have time to read and understand everything
- On the day of the move in we will require cleared funds to cover the rent, bond and any admin fee’s.
- On move in day we will meet you at the property and provide you with a copy of the property inventory. You will then have 7 days to go through this and make sure you’re happy and agree with everything. We will also take meter readings for the relevant utility companies so you can set up your accounts.
- If the property is managed by Belvoir Harrogate we will continue to support and guide you throughout your tenancy, dealing with any maintenance issues or answering any questions you have.
- If the property is Let only we will pass all the signed tenancy agreements etc to the Landlord who will then liaise with you direct during your tenancy.
How to rent guide
Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS)
Tenant Application Forms:
Tenant Applicant Information Guide- https://vision.letalliance.co.uk/DocumentLibrary/Document.aspx?DocName=Tenant Applicant Information Guide.pdf