As a tenant with Belvoir you will be looked after and have the renting process clearly explained every step of the way. From the moment you register with us for your property search, you will be informed about suitable properties and be given all the relevant information. Many of our tenants come to us via recommendation from previous or current tenants.
Some of the benefits we offer you as tenants to provide peace of mind are:
- Founding member of The Guildford Lettings Accreditation Scheme
- Members of The Property Ombudsman
- Client Money Protection Insurance
- Members of The National Approved Lettings Scheme
- Registered SafeAgent
- Customer Service award winner at national and local awards
- Recommended by The University of Surrey
First applicant - Fees for referencing and tenancy set up: £200 (incl VAT) To include further viewings after application, negotiate enquiries and requests, conduct referencing, right to rent checks, and draw up a tenancy document. The fee is per applicant and further applicants are charged as below.
Second and further applicant administration and referencing fees: £100 (incl VAT)
Guarantor application fees: £96 (incl VAT) To cover the cost of referencing and proving the identity and address and arranging the signing or document to confirm the guarantee.
Check out fees: £144 (incl VAT)
Groups of students in 3 Bedroom + properties: £120 (incl VAT) per applicant.
Change of occupant that creates surrender, a renewal, further referencing and new deposit registration within a fixed term £480 (incl VAT)
Some tenancies will involve paying for a professional clean at the end of the tenancy, prices vary according to property. Speak to our office for further information.
A Deposit will be required on each property usually to the value of 1.5 times the monthly rent, however this can vary on individual circumstances.
To secure a property we will ask for the administration and referencing fees, the check out fee, plus some money in lieu of the first month's rent. This is usually £300 but can vary up to a full month's rent for properties advertised with higher rents, for students or well in advance of the proposed move in date. Please speak to us for clarity on any particular property.
As a tenant you will enter into a legal contract involving the conveyancing and transfer of land. Does that sound more serious than you thought?
Through our partner Let Alliance we can provide you with peace of mind with comprehensive tenants’ contents insurance policy, specifically for tenants to cover rental property insurance requirements. These good value policies can help protect your belongings, deposit and sanity!
Cover includes the following benefits and options:
- Nil excess with variable excess options also available
- Cover available up to £50,000 Sum Insured
- Tenants Liability to Landlords cover up to £2,500
- Alternative Accommodation
- Replacement of keys and locks
- Money and credit card cover
- Public Liability up to £2 million
- Accidental Damage option
- High Risk Items cover option, up to £7,500 per item
- Pedal Cycle extension option
Call us to discuss how to get a quote and tailor a policy to suit your needs.