TENANT CHARGES FOR ASSURED SHORTHOLD TENANCIES
In addition to paying the rent, you may also be required to make the following payments permitted under the Tenant Fees Act 2019.
Before the tenancy starts (payable to Milverton Grove Ltd t/a Belvoir Devizes ‘the Agent’)
Holding Deposit: approximately equivalent to 1 weeks’ rent
Deposit: approximately equivalent to 5 weeks’ rent
During the tenancy (payable to the Agent)
Payment of interest for the late payment of rent at a rate of 3% above the Bank of England’s base rate for each day that the payment has been outstanding.
Payment for a breach of the tenancy agreement up to the prescribed limit
During the tenancy if permitted and applicable
- Utilities – gas, electricity, oil, water and sewerage
- Communications – telephone and broadband
- Installation of cable/satellite
- Subscription to cable/satellite supplier
- Television licence
- Council Tax
Other permitted payments
Any other permitted payments, not included above, for breaches of contract or under the relevant legislation including contractual damages. These may include reasonable costs or losses incurred for loss of keys, security devices and changes to the tenancy agreement or early termination, if the Landlord agrees they can be made, up to the permitted limits.
Tenant Protection- Milverton Grove Ltd t/a Belvoir Devizes is a member of safeagent, which is a client money protection scheme. To view our certificate, please click here
- Milverton Grove Ltd t/a Belvoir Devizes is a member of The Property Ombudsman, which is a redress scheme. You can find out more details on our website or by contacting us directly.
FEES FOR CONTRACTUAL TENANCY AGREEMENTS (E.G. COMPANY LETS)
The price shown in our property adverts is the calendar monthly rental cost of the property. Applicant referencing fees and Tenancy Agreement fees also apply to all contractual tenancies and other tenancy administration fees may also apply but can vary due to a customer's individual circumstances and are therefore excluded from the advertised monthly price shown.
Pre-Tenancy / Tenancy Commencement FeesReferencing per Applicant (and Guarantor if required) - £96 including VAT
Tenancy Establishment & Documentation - £360 including VAT
Tenancy Administration Fees Per Instance (Where Applicable)
- Renewal of Tenancy - £240 including VAT
- Pet Bond (Non Refundable) - £150 including VAT
- Breach of Tenancy (Including Late Rent Payments) - £25 including VAT
- Duplicate Tenancy Documents - £36 including VAT
- Duplicate Inventory - £48 including VAT
- Returned Standing Order / Other Payments - £36 including VAT
- Non Cancellation of Standing Order - £36 including VAT
- Lost Key Cutting - £30 including VAT Per Instance plus Actual Costs
- Missed Agent Visit Appointments - £50 including VAT
- Missed Contractor Appointments - Actual Cost Incurred
* Overdue rental payments will be subject to interest at the rate of 6% per annum calculated from the date the payment was due up until the date payment is received.
In order to rent a property through us we will require each prospective tenant to complete an online Tenant Reference with our referencing partner Let Alliance. The fee will not be refundable in the event that the prospective tenant fails to satisfy the referencing criteria, or chooses not to proceed with the application. Should the Landlord decide to withdraw for any reason the referencing fee will be refunded.
Rent and Deposit:
The first month’s rent and the deposit (equivalent to two month's rent) will be payable on or before the commencement of the tenancy and must be received in cleared funds before keys are released.
A reservation of £250 is required to secure a property whilst references are undertaken and which will be applied towards the first month’s rent. However, in the event that the applicant withdraws or is otherwise unable to proceed with the proposed tenancy, the reservation is non-refundable. In the event that the Landlord elects to withdraw from the proposed tenancy, the reservation is refundable.