Since 2011 Belvoir Cardiff has been providing advice, guidance and services to landlords. Whether you’re considering entering buy to let or already have a rental property or property portfolio, we’re sure we’ll be able to help.
There are over 150 pieces of legislation governing residential lettings and this together with the Rent Smart Wales licensing means it’s more important than ever you ensure your agent is professional, has a firm understanding of the industry and will work tirelessly on your behalf to ensure you are protected.
Belvoir Cardiff is Rent Smart Wales accredited, a member of the National Approved Lettings Scheme, subscribed to The Property Ombudsman and has full client money protection in place.
Whether you're looking for a tenant find service or for full comprehensive management of your property we will provide a reliable and effective service for your needs. We have a dedicated and experienced team who can offer advice on all aspects of lettings. Our focus is you and giving you the quality customer service that you would expect. We offer a competitive fee structure with no hidden costs.
Belvoir Cardiff will take all possible steps to safeguard your property. We offer bespoke insurances specifically for the lettings market that protect your property and your rental income. We also safeguard your property by strictly referencing all tenants, ensuring that we find the most suitable tenant for your property and conducting frequent property inspections.
If you would like a free appraisal of your property or would like to discuss any aspect of lettings please contact us.
Letting your property
- FREE Property appraisal to determine monthly rent and how to best prepare the property
- Extensive property advertising, including Rightmove, Zoopla, Primelocation and the Belvoir website.
- Conducting one to one viewings with prospective tenants
- Full tenancy application management with thorough 6 point referencing.
- Professional tenancy contracts
Our managed service includes –
- Updating utility providers with the tenancy details at move in and move out
- Register the tenant’s deposit and issue the tenant with all of the legally required paperwork.
- Rent collection
- Frequent property inspections
- Handling all tenant queries and maintenance reports
- Managing maintenance work, instructing the relevant trade
- Perform an end of tenancy checkout
- Handle tenancy deposit returns
- On-going management of certificate requirements such as Gas Safety Inspections
What checks and certificates are required -
- Gas Safety – An annual safety inspection and certificate for any property that has a gas supply.
- Electrical Safety - Ensuring the property is safe and also any appliances are tested
- Fire Safety – Ensuring any relevant furniture provided at a rental property is fire safe compliant.
- Smoke Alarms – Must be present on each story of the property
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors – For any property with a solid fuel burning device
- Energy Performance Certificate – Must be in place for potential renters to view.